2008 WR450 carb removal?

22 replies to this topic
  • beezer

Posted March 15, 2008 - 06:00 AM

I can get the needle out with out taking off the head stays. I use a ball end allen wrench on the carb screws. I open the throttle up so the needle is up high in the carb and get it out with one of those pothead clamps.

I think they call them surgical clamps but every pothead has one for roaches.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pipefitter317

Posted March 06, 2009 - 06:02 PM

Just wanted to say thanks to MVryder. Helps a lot knowing the proper steps to remove the carb. It was a breeze! Also to clear things up, my new JD jet kit says to change the needle and the jets with out the removal of the carb. I had other goodies to install so a removal was a must.

• henrics

Posted March 07, 2009 - 02:51 AM

I open the throttle up so the needle is up high in the carb and get it out with one of those pothead clamps.

I think they call them surgical clamps but every pothead has one for roaches.

There was a "tool" with the bike to take out the needle, a steelpin with a loop in the end and a short bit of black thin hose in the other end, works very good!

I have installed a powerpump lately and the bike is almost to strong if i hit the throttle now,instant respons..:p

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.