Footpeg lowering mod on 08

2 replies to this topic
  • ubu

Posted February 12, 2008 - 08:00 AM

Since I'm 6'2", I was looking at lowering my pegs. It looks to me that if I try the standard method of switching the springs, cutting the tube off and putting it on top, etc., that the peg support (the tab that keeps it from rotating donward) will interfere with with the mounting bracket bolt.

Has anyone else tried this on an 08? I wonder if I can flip the mounting bracket or something? I'd rather not grind anything down unless I absolutely have to.

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rooster wrooster

Posted February 12, 2008 - 11:16 AM

Its been over a year since I did my 06 so I don't remember all of the steps that I did but I do remember I tried everything I could to avoid grinding but I couldn't find any other way to get it to work. Just grind a little then check movement, grind a little...

• 00LS1SS

Posted February 24, 2008 - 12:35 PM

Sorry to bring this old thread up , but what did you end up doing ?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.