Rooster Performance any good?

5 replies to this topic
  • rmzRacer293

Posted February 11, 2008 - 08:42 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sspagenameZWDVW

Has anybody tried these radiator guards? Their cheap and I figures what the heck I might try them out. Or should I just not waste my time or money and get some Unabikers?

• yz_for_me

Posted February 11, 2008 - 11:47 PM

I just bought them today myself. I'll let you know in a few months after the snow melts and I have a chance to crash test em. :applause:

Actually, they looked pretty decent, especially for the price. I really like how they have front protection as well as a rad brace for side impacts built into the rear of the unit. I did some searching here on TT and found pretty much universal praise for them. Seems like a good bet.

Also, wasn't Rooster Performance owned by a TT'er. Seems like I remember that. Anybody know?

• usmcpaul

Posted February 12, 2008 - 04:43 AM

I just bought a set for my 05 Yamaha. They look pretty good and I have read good things about them, so for that price I was willing to give them a try. I have a set of Flatlands on my Honda and they are nice; and I have heard that Unabikers are nice too.

I will post something when they come in this week.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rmzRacer293

Posted February 12, 2008 - 05:22 AM

cool. i might get a set too then. :applause:

• ridg219

Posted February 13, 2008 - 03:24 PM

I put one on an 03 four years ago, great product. I looked for Rooster rad gaurds when I bought an 07 but they never made one for the newer bikes.

• usmcpaul

Posted February 13, 2008 - 03:53 PM

I put one on an 03 four years ago, great product. I looked for Rooster rad gaurds when I bought an 07 but they never made one for the newer bikes.

If you still want a set check out ebay here.

http://search.ebay.c...sZ1QQsacatZQ2d1

He says they will fit 07's and they are 10 bucks cheaper than the ones for the older bikes. Still have not recieved mine yet, but they have been shipped.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.