Help repacking '05/'06 stock silencer.

1 reply to this topic
  • tony1970

Posted February 11, 2008 - 08:19 PM

I am trying to repack the stock silencer on my '05. I have removed all the rivets and do not see how this thing comes apart. The core looks like it is a solid unit and the outer alluminum outer sleeve is removed. Has anyone repacked one of these units? Thanks in advance.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • face_plant

Posted February 12, 2008 - 10:38 AM

stock or gytr?
here is how to take apart stock
rivets at cone end, pull off cone, and pull (remove 4 bolts from the inside plate)( once its out and remove spark arrestor)

anyway some cores are riveted to the bottom of the can

take off the end cap and silencer crap
take 2 2x4's and lightly tap the can twords the open end and all the packing falls out"eventually"

most packing has a cardboard tube
slide the tube and the packing down all the way, and then pull out the tube

if no tube then either make one or take out the core and use mechanics wire to wrap around the core w/packing and slide down.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.