whos got good body parts?

9 replies to this topic
  • zaxcar1

Posted February 11, 2008 - 05:08 PM

i have a 2002 yz426f. i need a front fender and side covers. who has the best ones, and where is a good place to get them???:applause:

• 642MX

Posted February 11, 2008 - 05:20 PM

i have a 2002 yz426f. i need a front fender and side covers. who has the best ones, and where is a good place to get them???:applause:

Good question. I like OEM plastic. Its straight, glossy and its not very expensive.

Here is how I rate aftermarket plastic....

UFO doesn't make any fender thats straight

Acerbis makes the YZF fender too narrow

Maier's stuff is about as shiney as sandpaper

Polysports stuff is more crooked than UFO's.

You won't save much by getting a fender and side panels online. Your local dealer can probably get it for you without paying the shipping charges.

• spc mike

Posted February 11, 2008 - 06:21 PM

i agree that acerbis makes the front fender to narrow, but i bought a polisport front fender and it looks damn close to stock. otherwise i would go acerbis.

• Speedracer747-400

Posted February 11, 2008 - 07:03 PM

My first choice is always Yamaha OEM plastic if the prices are still reasonable. It seems that once the bikes get older Yamaha raises the prices of the spare parts. I just bought some Yamaha OEM plastic for my 02 YZ426F. The only pieces that are way to expensive are the radiator shrouds at like $41 each.

Here's the cheapest prices for Yamaha OEM plastic I found:
FENDER, FRONT P/N 5HD-21511-00-00 $14.71
COVER, SIDE 1 P/N 5BE-21711-00-00 $27.47
COVER, SIDE 2 P/N 5BE-21721-00-00 $27.47
INSULATOR, SIDE COVER P/N 5SF-2174A-00-00 $16.43

If you decide to go aftermarket plastic I would go with Acerbis. A complete set of plastic will run you $108.

• 642MX

Posted February 11, 2008 - 08:54 PM

i agree that acerbis makes the front fender to narrow, but i bought a polisport front fender and it looks damn close to stock. otherwise i would go acerbis.

The Polisport was straight? Mine wasn't even close. I had to shim the fender with a couple washers and some longer bolts, which worked okay.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • usmcpaul

Posted February 12, 2008 - 10:14 AM

I just bought a front fender for my 05 450. I called the dealer 'just to see' how much they were going to try and stick it to me.

Low and behold, the parts guy informed me that they just lowered all their prices on body parts to try and compete with the aftermarket people.

Fender was only $18.00. I dont know who 'they' are, I mean, I am not sure if it is that particular dealer or Yamaha, but with prices like that I would get the factory stuff.

• BBrown626

Posted February 12, 2008 - 12:32 PM

Buy the OEM parts from oem.thumpertalk.com. Very good prices.

• zaxcar1

Posted February 12, 2008 - 07:05 PM

i was looking at after market side covers and they say it gets better air flow. is that true?

• Speedracer747-400

Posted February 12, 2008 - 07:51 PM

i was looking at after market side covers and they say it gets better air flow. is that true?

Are you talking about Cycra Powerflow plastic? It's only available for the 06-08 YZ450F. It might help airflow a little, but I think it's mostly hype. I could see where a vented front number plate might help keep the bike a little cooler.

The best way to improve airflow is to go faster.:applause:

• YZMICHAEL

Posted June 17, 2008 - 06:27 PM

CYCRA are good looking at first but after a tiems riding they look like shit!!!!! i love how they have the vents in the back for more airflow to the radiators. they tend to break where the vents and fender meet.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.