ACV Question

6 replies to this topic
  • okieguy

Posted October 24, 2002 - 04:25 AM

I just want to make sure I have this clear.

To disable the ACV all I have to do is reverse the diaphram so that the pin is pointing away from the carb?

What about plugging the air hole?

• sabin

Posted October 24, 2002 - 05:42 AM

I personally removed it and I put another o-ring, because of you look on it you will notice that the diaphragm's end is like an 0-ring and it is made to fit only one way. I also plugged the air hole.

• Dodger

Posted October 24, 2002 - 08:17 AM

Just flipped mine around, fit fine........

Dodger :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Red3171

Posted October 24, 2002 - 10:23 AM

Just flipped mine around too plus took the spring out, so far so good......

• BlueDragon

Posted October 24, 2002 - 11:26 AM

When you guys just flipped the diaphram around did you have to plug any holes? Did you have to change any of your jetting? :)

• Red3171

Posted October 24, 2002 - 05:23 PM

I haven't had a chance to take mine into the hills yet. As of right now, I haven't made any changes to jetting nor have I plugged any holes. I'll let you know what happens.

Posted October 25, 2002 - 03:49 AM

If you leave any opening to the chamber exposed to air, sooner or later you will have a lean issue because of it. If the diaphram covers the hole and is serviceable you should not have an issue.

Bonzai :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.