stock 426 bar bend??

3 replies to this topic
  • GONE1445

Posted February 11, 2008 - 01:24 PM

I have an 01 YZ426 and I like the bars fine while sitting but when I stand up I feel like I'm bending over too far so I was thinking about getting some new bars a bit taller and perhaps a little less sweep dunno about that tho

but I need to know where I"m starting so I know how much different the countless different bends are from stock

also I was thinking of a tall seat to make it a bit easier to get forward in the turns?? the bit where the seat goes up the tank is kinda steep for my taste

BTW i'm 5'9" tall

• 642MX

Posted February 11, 2008 - 04:43 PM

I have an 01 YZ426 and I like the bars fine while sitting but when I stand up I feel like I'm bending over too far so I was thinking about getting some new bars a bit taller and perhaps a little less sweep dunno about that tho

but I need to know where I"m starting so I know how much different the countless different bends are from stock

also I was thinking of a tall seat to make it a bit easier to get forward in the turns?? the bit where the seat goes up the tank is kinda steep for my taste

BTW i'm 5'9" tall

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the stock bend is called "YZ High" bend. I'm 6'4" and I've added a SDG tall seat (which has 2 wrinkles in it that I'm not hapy about) and 55mm risers on a Longhorn upper clamp, with Pro Taper's YZ High bend. I also have the bars moved all the way forward. Hope this helps...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 11, 2008 - 09:10 PM

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the stock bend is called "YZ High" bend. I'm 6'4" and I've added a SDG tall seat (which has 2 wrinkles in it that I'm not hapy about) and 55mm risers on a Longhorn upper clamp, with Pro Taper's YZ High bend. I also have the bars moved all the way forward. Hope this helps...

What it's called depends a bit on who bends it. Pro Taper's "YZ High" is virtually identical to Tag Metals' "YZ". But you're right, as far as I know, that's the stock bend. It's about 77mm high (rise).

• GONE1445

Posted February 25, 2008 - 02:41 PM

thank you I just wanted a starting point so I can compare other bends to what I got now

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.