07 Tach Hookup For Vapor

4 replies to this topic
  • mavis0826

Posted February 11, 2008 - 01:18 PM

can someone help me with were to hook the wire to the coil. i've searched and i know that there are two sides on the coil but i don't know the right one. i'm new to the dirt bike stuff.

• SXP

Posted February 11, 2008 - 04:59 PM

can someone help me with were to hook the wire to the coil. i've searched and i know that there are two sides on the coil but i don't know the right one. i'm new to the dirt bike stuff.

Red tach wire to the red coil wire and black tach wire to black coil wire.

http://www.thumperta...&highlight=tach

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mavis0826

Posted February 11, 2008 - 08:46 PM

thanks for the help. i think that i have the right spot but the wires are brown and black. is this the right spot?

• smiffy01uk

Posted February 12, 2008 - 02:48 AM

On mine i popped the little yellow clip out which allowed the terminals to be removed from the coil over cap, use a screwdriver to prise it forwards and watch where it lands :applause: . Stripped the leads from the trailtech back and wrapped them around the teminals 5 times (red to brown, black to black)
All working well

• face_plant

Posted February 12, 2008 - 09:49 AM

this is odd...
i just pulled the coil out wrapped the red wire around the coil slid back down the boot, and hooked black to the battery

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.