oil cooler

6 replies to this topic
  • janner

Posted February 11, 2008 - 09:04 AM

Hi. Fitted a Clark tank to my 650L and I have noticed that without the original airflow scoops, indicated oil temp on my gauge has risen quite a bit.

Can anyone recommend an oil cooler modification?

• martinfan30

Posted February 11, 2008 - 09:13 AM

Heres a pic of one Stepho is using.
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=599450

Alot of guys will adapt an XR400 cooler on the 650L. Pretty much mounts just like on the 400/250 XR's.

• ToXicD

Posted February 11, 2008 - 09:30 AM

Go to eBay and buy a 450r oil cooler, their about twenty bucks and have mounting brackets. Already on them. All you have to do is cut the lines off at the metal tubing and thread the tubing with an 1/8ntp die and your ready for fittings and lines :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Denn10

Posted February 12, 2008 - 09:53 AM

That cooler of the 450 a flat one like one on the 400ex?

• ToXicD

Posted February 12, 2008 - 09:55 AM

That cooler of the 450 a flat one like one on the 400ex?

yes it is.

• Denn10

Posted February 12, 2008 - 10:00 AM

Ive thought about that myself just figuring a good place to mount is whats making me think about not using one of those. You got any ideas of where to mount that its not out in open like they do on a Slowsuki 650 inside that shroud on tank. Want to use it cus its a nice big cooler that would work awesome but just a bit big.

• ToXicD

Posted February 12, 2008 - 11:08 AM

i have seen people mount them right above the front fender in front of the forks. if you worried about damage i guess you could put some louvers from a radiator over the cooler to deflect rocks and such.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.