fork suspension settings

3 replies to this topic
  • jtn 06 wr450

Posted February 11, 2008 - 07:07 AM

not knowing much about suspension i am looking for what seems a simple problem answeered. (but im not too smart)

on the 06 wr450 if i bottom out the forks will the top screw turned to the + direction keep this from happening? of do i turn in the screw on the bottom of the fork?

the manual says the bottom screw is the compression but i thought it was the rebound dampening??????????????????????:applause:

i blew out a fork seal this weekend so i thought i better get this right.

• KennyMc

Posted February 11, 2008 - 08:01 AM

I think you first need to determine if you have the proper springs for your weight. The attached link will give you the stock and then recommended.:applause:

http://www.mx-tech.c...pring_generator

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jtn 06 wr450

Posted February 11, 2008 - 12:43 PM

thats an easy one. NO.

• brad the best

Posted February 11, 2008 - 06:58 PM

then the first thing to do is to replace the springs with the recommended ones . you will notice a difference .

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.