Lighting Stator

2 replies to this topic
  • ISBB

Posted October 23, 2002 - 02:56 PM

Does anyone know if the stator will hold up to 2 50 watt lights?? I need more light for riding in the dunes and i have a pair of driving lights 50 watts each i just dont know if the stator can handle it.... any help??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted October 24, 2002 - 03:17 AM

You will be pushing the limits of what the stator is capable of...I did it for a ride or two when I got my Baja Designs kit....After a couple of night rides I was forced to upgrade the stator.

Bonzai :)

• PumpkinHumper

Posted October 24, 2002 - 05:06 AM

Ive got a electrex Wr stator kit for my yz400. They say that it puts out 130watts. I am running the Acerbis Blitz headlight. It has 2 35 watt bulbs stock. I upgraded it to 2 50 watt bulbs. It seems to handle this just fine. I also have a tailight / brake light running. Im also gonna be running electric grip warmers this winter. Although I might drop back one of the bulbs to 35watts just to be safe.

I think the newer wr's put out more wattage than the older ones. I think the new ones put out 130watts vs the older ones 98-99 models. bajadesigns had a diagram in there catalogue on what the different years put out. I dont have it in front of me at the moment.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.