07 o-ring mod...

8 replies to this topic
  • redswr

Posted February 10, 2008 - 02:19 PM

hey guys... this should be the last question from me as far as mods go so bear with me.

i have read through the 07 preformance mods about the o-ring mod and i was wondering if it still should be done since i have installed a Boysen Quickshot 2 accelerator pump cover. if so can anyone tell me what the best way to do it is?

thanks,
Darrel

• William1

Posted February 10, 2008 - 02:55 PM

Look at the linkage....

Posted Image

• tweav

Posted February 10, 2008 - 03:13 PM

I'm not really sure ,I put a R&D powerbowl on my bike and they send a much stiffer spring with their kit . it does The same this. If your kit had this I'd say there is no need.

• redswr

Posted February 10, 2008 - 04:19 PM

Look at the linkage....

Posted Image

thanks! that clarified alot for me... i'll be sure and do that:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • camaroman7d

Posted February 10, 2008 - 08:45 PM

I have a Quickshot 2 as well and I installed an O ring. I never rode it without the O ring mod so I can't say if it made a difference or not. I will say my throttle response is perfect.

• atitagain

Posted February 11, 2008 - 05:12 AM

William1
Is it just the pic... or is your lower throttle cable frayed(sp)?

• William1

Posted February 11, 2008 - 05:46 AM

Just the picture... the flash makes it look funny, it was a nearly new bike.

• C-P

Posted February 11, 2008 - 09:11 PM

Look at the linkage....

Posted Image

Nice shot. I popped an oring on mine brand new, too - from the looks of yours, you didn't mess with the arm adjustment? I didn't think there would be a need on a brand new bike...I may even find out and start mine one of these days!

• William1

Posted February 12, 2008 - 03:31 AM

LOL, that is not even my bike, just a convienent picture I 'stole'.. I happen to know it was a fairly new bike (A Suzuki DRZ 400). But a late style FCR is a late style FCR.

Regarding the timing adjustment. On my own DRZ with the FXR-MX, I did need to back the screw out about 1 turn. On my WR, I did not need to tweak it.

Whether or not it needs adjusting is independant of the bikes age. You O-Ring the linkage, you select a leak jet that suits your riding style. You check the squirt to see if it hits or clears the slide and adjust the timing to have the squirt just miss the slide.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.