Another BRP video

14 replies to this topic
  • husky123

Posted February 10, 2008 - 12:43 PM

Here's a little video I made with my new vholdr camera. Just wanted to give it a quick test. Nothing too exciting but here it is anyway.

http://gallery.mac.c...resgrave#100108

ps. It may take a while to load.

• Whiteman

Posted February 10, 2008 - 08:44 PM

Nice work. That thing works great. Much better than carrying around all sorts of wire and a camcorder.

• Maroast

Posted February 10, 2008 - 10:12 PM

Cool vid man...Looks like you've got some great exploration potential down there.

Seems you've got a hard time keeping that front wheel on the ground :applause: ...i got the same damn problem w/ mine ...keeps tryin to buck me off too....but hey, at least you'll have to change the front tire less frequently. :)

• Smoke Eater

Posted February 12, 2008 - 06:11 AM

Just my opinion but motorcycles make their own music so there really isn't a need for a soundtrack. Just my opinion.

• husky123

Posted February 12, 2008 - 08:09 AM

I love the moto sound too but my camera has its mic on the outside and the wind noise is unbearable. It only sounds good at very low speed.

• Suikerland

Posted February 12, 2008 - 11:26 AM

great video, love it. The wet roads and clouds look cool. I like the wide format as well. Nice big size too - I guess that's the benefit of having a .Mac account...

Front-facing mount works better than back-facing mount IMO. Where did you mount the camera for the front-facing shots?

Wind noise is always a bitch on helmet cams.

• husky123

Posted February 12, 2008 - 12:53 PM

great video, love it. The wet roads and clouds look cool. I like the wide format as well. Nice big size too - I guess that's the benefit of having a .Mac account...

Front-facing mount works better than back-facing mount IMO. Where did you mount the camera for the front-facing shots?

Wind noise is always a bitch on helmet cams.

Thanks man. Yeah the .mac lets me put stuff on fairly uncompressed, unlike youtube et al. I put it on the right side of my helmet for the front and the rear shots. It's the new vholdr cam from twenty20. So far it works fairly well. Recording to a microSD card so there's no need for a camera hooked up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted February 12, 2008 - 03:23 PM

That looks like alot of fun putting those videos together! Nice work.

• Irwin

Posted February 13, 2008 - 07:42 PM

Excellent Work I enjoyed the video. Nice place to ride.

• felix 222

Posted February 21, 2008 - 04:41 PM

I love the moto sound too but my camera has its mic on the outside and the wind noise is unbearable. It only sounds good at very low speed.

simple fix: put a piece of duct tape over the mic. cuts out wind but nothing else

• felix 222

Posted February 21, 2008 - 04:43 PM

Just out of the curiosity: when did you pre-order/order your vholdr? i know there is a long list of people still waiting for theirs (me included) and i'm just curious to know how far down twenty20 is

• husky123

Posted February 21, 2008 - 04:59 PM

simple fix: put a piece of duct tape over the mic. cuts out wind but nothing else

Cool dude...thanks! I'll give that a shot. The gain on my cam is WAY too high.

I think I signed up for it in October or November. It's a great cam but I'm hoping they can fix a few things with a firmware update. Boy it's simple though!

• felix 222

Posted February 21, 2008 - 06:02 PM

Cool dude...thanks! I'll give that a shot. The gain on my cam is WAY too high.

I think I signed up for it in October or November. It's a great cam but I'm hoping they can fix a few things with a firmware update. Boy it's simple though!

Yea, I first heard about the Vholdr in November but had no interest at the time. December is when my interest aroused and I finally looked into purchasing one. Unfortunately, I didn't make my purchase until the end of January. Where did you buy your cam from? The Vholdr website? (they're not even taking orders on their site anymore because there is too high of a demand lol)

• husky123

Posted February 22, 2008 - 04:39 AM

Yep I ordered it directly from vholdr.com. Hopefully you'll get yours soon. It's a pretty sweet unit.

• Ch47_pilot

Posted February 24, 2008 - 03:05 AM

Just my opinion but motorcycles make their own music so there really isn't a need for a soundtrack. Just my opinion.

IMO the music totally makes the video. Very well done, and a great background symphony for a solo ride.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.