Fork Oil Height different after FC re-valve

No replies to this topic
  • Tim_in_WA

Posted February 10, 2008 - 09:35 AM

I went to change the oil in my forks yesterday and noticed the oil height was different in each fork. The forks got a professional re-valve and service from Factory Connection 2 years ago, and they set the oil level at 150mm. When I measured them I got 133 in the right fork, and 123 in the the left. I'm still scratching my head over this one.

Anybody have any ideas on why the oil level would be different? It's a closed system and there is nowhere for the oil to go. I've never had a leaking seal, but that would reduce the amount of oil, not add to it. I wondered if the tech. at FC was just having an off day, but for the money I spent, I would hope they would have set things spot on!!!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.