how much oil and what weight

4 replies to this topic
  • WReckless

Posted February 10, 2008 - 09:25 AM

i just moved and my manual for my 2000 wr 400 is in storage i sank the bike this weekend and it ran under water for a few seconds i need to change the oil today to prevent any problems. can anyone with a manual handy please tell me the cc amount of oil i need or in any incrament. so i can change the oil. will automotive motor oil work. i usually used yamalube. but i have castol 5w30 at the house now.

• creeky

Posted February 10, 2008 - 12:04 PM

Total oil capacity is 1.7L (1.8 USQT), 1.6L (1.7 USQT) with a filter change, 1.5L (1.6 USQT) with no filter change. You will get lots of recommendations for oil. Any prominent brand that is rated JASO MA will do just fine, I use Castrol ACT- EVO 20-50 in my '00 WR400.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WReckless

Posted February 10, 2008 - 06:01 PM

thank you creeky, i dropped my wr while trying and failing at a creek crossing yesterday and had to change my oil pronto.

• creeky

Posted February 11, 2008 - 05:42 AM

thank you creeky, i dropped my wr while trying and failing at a creek crossing yesterday and had to change my oil pronto.

Been there, done that (my forum name has some significance here). After you have run the engine for a brief period, check the oil. If it looks milky, change it again.

• WReckless

Posted February 11, 2008 - 05:59 AM

i bought enough oil to change three times and i'll get a filter later today its past due anyway!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.