WR Commercial

52 replies to this topic
  • Charles De Mar

Posted February 11, 2008 - 12:46 PM

LMAO I've done that.... Didn't leave the valley but have put gear on at work and hit a couple trails on the way home. The tire wear situation is left out of that commercial.

• camaroman7d

Posted February 11, 2008 - 03:47 PM

I live 3 miles from the state game lands . so I can just hop on my wr and leave my house . down the road to the trail .Not to mention without a plate on a bike in this area it is illegal to ride two wheels in the game lands because they will not issue a bike a riding permit "the whole Tread lightly crap". so a plated bike is the only bike allowed..

Now answer my question : Why would you want to ride a harley ? It's not fast...It doesn't handle . it sucks gas . and it makes more noise then power ,Oh and I almost forgot you can't get them wet or dirty . I don't see the point . Just curious

Typical silly and ignorant answer. You obviously have never ridden a decent Harley. I won't go into thedifferent models and details but, if you think all Harleys are slow, loud, and don't handle well, you just don't know what you're talking about. My Harley is a lot faster than my WR450F and I am willing to bet it handles a lot better on the street too. Harley haters are so silly and 99% of them don't know their A$$ from a hole in the ground (that would be you)

• camaroman7d

Posted February 11, 2008 - 03:51 PM

I love that video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is why I dual sport my dirt bikes. That is why my plated WR450F means the world to me. That is how I picture myself when day dreaming about my WR. I often try to explain how I feel ridding my plated WR from my garage but my words never seem to come close to articulating my joy. This video says it all!

CAMAROMAN, Besides my WR I have five other bikes in my garage. One of which is a Suzuki Hyabusa. The Busa is a bad ass road bike that is a dram to ride. It's my 120 mile round trip commuter. I love my road bikes but they don't give that sence of adventure like the plated WR does.

Just imagine yourself as a 16 year old kid sneaking out your dirt bike for a long joy ride on the street. I get that feeling every time I leave the garage on my plated WR! That feeling is a wonderful thing in the life of a 40 year old man. I have some decent fire roads that are only seven miles from my front door. Even in the winter I'm out there often and getting there is half the fun. In the summer, well, the "out ridding" door mat say's it all.

Ofcourse knobies on the street don't do well in the corners but that's part of the fun of it. It remindes you that your on a bike that's not suposed to be there, even more fun. Knobies do hook up well while going straight. It makes it hard to keep the front wheel on the ground, more of the fun factor! I can go on forver but I'll stop here. I think it's time to fire up the WR again!

Posted Image

I see your point. I do remember riding my dirt bikes on the street as a kid. I also had places I could ride to (as long as I didn't get caught on the way) and have some offroad fun. I guess it just doesn't appeal to me now. I have a truck and can take my bike anywhere I want to ride, there really isn't any place close enough that I would ride my WR on the street to get there. If I lived closer to riding areas I might look at it differently. Different strokes. I do hop on the WR every once in a while and ride around the block, and yes wheelies are fun no matter what you're on.

• tweav

Posted February 11, 2008 - 06:27 PM

Typical silly and ignorant answer. You obviously have never ridden a decent Harley. I won't go into thedifferent models and details but, if you think all Harleys are slow, loud, and don't handle well, you just don't know what you're talking about. My Harley is a lot faster than my WR450F and I am willing to bet it handles a lot better on the street too. Harley haters are so silly and 99% of them don't know their A$$ from a hole in the ground (that would be you)

I am truely sorry if you don't like People Asking you questions about why you do the normal thing .I've asked the same question to a few harley owners before and got the same assult on my person ,But never a real answer . I never said I hate harleys . I just don't see the point to pay 20000 for a bike that does not stand out from the herd. and any day on any back road I'll smoke your harley with my wr450 (and I'm not even a good rider ) as long as we cap the top speed to 100 mph. Ive rode plenty of hogs their stupid running boards drag on the ground at way too slow for my taste . In their defense they do have great bottom end grunt . My wr450 on the road will take a corner faster then my 1992 600 ninja , but you are right not with the knobbies on . I have a few sets of tires and wheels I can swap out in an few minutes Just suit my need of the day. My wr is making 55hp at the back tire and weighs 262lbs the last time I weighed it .So it is very snappy .It is one of the most nimble bikes I've ever rode on the road . The feeling Of being one with the road is not stronger on any other bike Ive rode because of the lack of extra weight . If you were not so instantly offanded by me asking why you wanted your bike . and test rode mine you may understand just how much fun a steet legal dirt bike could be . Come on over and throw a leg over it I dare you . If you don't get off it with a huge smile on your face I'll be shocked .No I would not ride my wr450 acrossed the USA , but it is killer fun on the short haul .I like All bikes But I can not see the cost of this bike . other then being the Cool biker bike. I don't like to sound like a jerk but these are the facts as I've seen them and you did not help sell me one by calling me names for asking you a simple question .

• camaroman7d

Posted February 12, 2008 - 08:53 AM

I am truely sorry if you don't like People Asking you questions about why you do the normal thing .I've asked the same question to a few harley owners before and got the same assult on my person ,But never a real answer . I never said I hate harleys . I just don't see the point to pay 20000 for a bike that does not stand out from the herd. and any day on any back road I'll smoke your harley with my wr450 (and I'm not even a good rider ) as long as we cap the top speed to 100 mph. Ive rode plenty of hogs their stupid running boards drag on the ground at way too slow for my taste . In their defense they do have great bottom end grunt . My wr450 on the road will take a corner faster then my 1992 600 ninja , but you are right not with the knobbies on . I have a few sets of tires and wheels I can swap out in an few minutes Just suit my need of the day. My wr is making 55hp at the back tire and weighs 262lbs the last time I weighed it .So it is very snappy .It is one of the most nimble bikes I've ever rode on the road . The feeling Of being one with the road is not stronger on any other bike Ive rode because of the lack of extra weight . If you were not so instantly offanded by me asking why you wanted your bike . and test rode mine you may understand just how much fun a steet legal dirt bike could be . Come on over and throw a leg over it I dare you . If you don't get off it with a huge smile on your face I'll be shocked .No I would not ride my wr450 acrossed the USA , but it is killer fun on the short haul .I like All bikes But I can not see the cost of this bike . other then being the Cool biker bike. I don't like to sound like a jerk but these are the facts as I've seen them and you did not help sell me one by calling me names for asking you a simple question .

You continue to show your ignorance and that's fine. Have you even seen my Harley? Do you know that all Harleys are not the same? Many models don't have footboards (mine does not). Before you make a dumb blanket statement like you just did maybe you should know what you are talking about. While it is true "some" Harleys are not nimble or fast, that is just like comparing a XR650 to a trials bike. There are many different models and all have a purpose. You in no way insulted me, you don't have what it takes to do that. A Harley FXR or Dyna (both swing arm dual shock bikes) will both hold their own on any twisty road, neither have running boards and both are fairly light. As far as part of a herd if you saw my bike, there is no doubt it is one of a kind and I promise you it is more unique than your WR. Many parts were hand made by me, the engine was built by me, it was painted and modified by me. The bike didn't cost $20K either, I might have a bit more than that into now but, that was by choice. One things for sure when our WR's are worth half what we paid for them, my Harley will still be worth more than I paid for it.

Your a funny guy I will give you that (you are a guy right?). "If we cap top speed at 100MPH" How about we just drag race or race top speed "only" That doesn't prove anything. Comparing a WR to a Harley doesn't make any sense, they have two totally different purposes (which is why I have both). I am not a narrow minded type guy, I have owned motorcycles my whole life, I gave up sport bikes which by all rights handle better, are faster, brake better, etc.. and are cheaper (though they don't hold their value) than a Harley. I gave them up because I was riding like a fool (freeway wheelies, etc...) I have a family so I needed to get my thrills in a different way. If you want to have an intellegent discussion I welcome that if you are going to continue to talk about things you know nothing about then, save it. Follow the link in my profile and there are pictures of my junk there.

To the original thread starter, I am sorry for the hijack, that was never my intent. Thanks for sharing the commercial it does look like fun. I am off to hit the trails on my WR.

• dugabrams

Posted February 12, 2008 - 09:20 AM

How bout that WR commercial?

Everytime I take my plated WR450 on the road, it feels like I'm breaking the law, and I like it!

• Frank_z28

Posted February 12, 2008 - 11:03 AM

Here in quebec we cant plate our wr or any bike not made to go on the street from factory. Many people lost money on "converted" bike. Every time i use my wr on the road (to connect trail) i have that "catch me" smile. Like many of you said you feel like 16 yo with no rules on the street :applause:

• snaggletooth

Posted February 12, 2008 - 12:13 PM

You don't know what it's like. You don't have a clue. If you did you'll find yourself doing the same thing too! Break'in the law, break'in the law!
Judas Priest.

Sorry, after reading dugabrams reply that song is stuck in my head : )

BTW, I take no offence in someone wondering why I like a certain bike. It's all good as long as they don't badmouth me or my ride. I get a smile riding a 50cc scooter.

When I was 16 I met an older guy on a super custom hog. I was on my very stock Honda V35 Magna. I was drooling over his bike thinking "This guy is the man." When he walked back to his bike I looked up at him and said, "one day I'll get one of thoes, then I'll be a real biker." He replied, "look kid, all's it takes is two wheels and a set of handlebars, your all ready there."

I was right, that guy was the man!
S/T

• tweav

Posted February 12, 2008 - 02:59 PM

You continue to show your ignorance and that's fine. Have you even seen my Harley? Do you know that all Harleys are not the same? Many models don't have footboards (mine does not). Before you make a dumb blanket statement like you just did maybe you should know what you are talking about. While it is true "some" Harleys are not nimble or fast, that is just like comparing a XR650 to a trials bike. There are many different models and all have a purpose. You in no way insulted me, you don't have what it takes to do that. A Harley FXR or Dyna (both swing arm dual shock bikes) will both hold their own on any twisty road, neither have running boards and both are fairly light. As far as part of a herd if you saw my bike, there is no doubt it is one of a kind and I promise you it is more unique than your WR. Many parts were hand made by me, the engine was built by me, it was painted and modified by me. The bike didn't cost $20K either, I might have a bit more than that into now but, that was by choice. One things for sure when our WR's are worth half what we paid for them, my Harley will still be worth more than I paid for it.

Your a funny guy I will give you that (you are a guy right?). "If we cap top speed at 100MPH" How about we just drag race or race top speed "only" That doesn't prove anything. Comparing a WR to a Harley doesn't make any sense, they have two totally different purposes (which is why I have both). I am not a narrow minded type guy, I have owned motorcycles my whole life, I gave up sport bikes which by all rights handle better, are faster, brake better, etc.. and are cheaper (though they don't hold their value) than a Harley. I gave them up because I was riding like a fool (freeway wheelies, etc...) I have a family so I needed to get my thrills in a different way. If you want to have an intellegent discussion I welcome that if you are going to continue to talk about things you know nothing about then, save it. Follow the link in my profile and there are pictures of my junk there.

To the original thread starter, I am sorry for the hijack, that was never my intent. Thanks for sharing the commercial it does look like fun. I am off to hit the trails on my WR.

And after that long post you still have not really answered my question of what nitch does a harley fill that can not be done by another bike . Oh and I did ride my buddies switchblade the dyna with the fox shocks and the lowered stance it does handle much better than a roadking . It's a nice bike but I don't have a place in garage for a bike that is needing cleaned all the time . It's all good man to each his own . I just asked what it does for you . as I have said before I like All bikes . But I get the same narrow minded reply any time I try to ask anybody about a harley " Oh he's picking on me. " I'm really sorry I cared enough to ask.:applause: :) :cry: :banghead:

Ps. a bike is not a investment . it is a playtoy it does not matter what it is worth when you are done with it . as long as you enjoyed yourself with it. And that is my whole point

• Charles De Mar

Posted February 13, 2008 - 07:22 AM

It was warm here yesterday (40) the streets melted off and I buzzed the town on the WR. (legally). You can plate anything here. Even the quadtards can easily be legal. I didn't see any Harleys out:excuseme: or crotch rockets. Just me:prof:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • camaroman7d

Posted February 13, 2008 - 07:28 AM

And after that long post you still have not really answered my question of what nitch does a harley fill that can not be done by another bike . Oh and I did ride my buddies switchblade the dyna with the fox shocks and the lowered stance it does handle much better than a roadking . It's a nice bike but I don't have a place in garage for a bike that is needing cleaned all the time . It's all good man to each his own . I just asked what it does for you . as I have said before I like All bikes . But I get the same narrow minded reply any time I try to ask anybody about a harley " Oh he's picking on me. " I'm really sorry I cared enough to ask.:applause: :) :cry: :banghead:

Ps. a bike is not a investment . it is a playtoy it does not matter what it is worth when you are done with it . as long as you enjoyed yourself with it. And that is my whole point

Nobody is picking on anyone. Once again you can't get under my skin, lifes to short and I have been through way to much for anyone to bother me. I will try to answer your question but, it might just be one of the times that "If I have to explain it, you probably won't understand" applies. A Harley is like a classic car, everything from the sound, feel, smell, is similar to a classic car. The way you modify them (cams, carbs, exhaust) is very similar to a V8 engine (push rods and all). The Harley V-twin is a lot like a small block Chevy. The bike itself is usually an expression of the owners personality or talents. These days there are a lot of weekend "bikers" or "yuppie bikers" this has watered down the whole Harley experience. This is when you see a bunch of stock bikes that all look the same, with a bunch of bolted on chrome goodies (and guys/girls wearing a bunch of Harley leather). These guys do not represent me in any way. So when you made that blanket statement, it showed me you didn't understand and were just running your mouth. My bike represents some of my talents and creativity. When I ride it it's not about what anyone else thinks, it's about how I feel when I on it. That is a feeling that can't be explained, you either "get it" or you don't. You said all Harleys are loud, slow, and don't handle. My bike is pretty darn fast, not so loud, brakes and handles good. It draws a crowd and gets a lot of compliments, neither of which really matter to me. I built it the way I wanted it. That is the same way I build my cars.

I think the point you missed is that I am a WR450 owner/rider so, when I was curious why people wanted to ride them on the street, I could relate and thought maybe I was missing something. When you asked your questions about why I owned a POS Harley , it wasn't asked with the same perspective. You were trying to bash or be funny. My question was serious and I did get the answer from some of the other guys here. I understand why they do it, I just don't feel the need. If you had a Harley and asked why I did something to my bike, I would have probably took it a little differently.

Have a good one, get educated, and enjoy life.

• dirtysouth

Posted February 13, 2008 - 11:16 AM

Nobody is picking on anyone. Once again you can't get under my skin, lifes to short and I have been through way to much for anyone to bother me. I will try to answer your question but, it might just be one of the times that "If I have to explain it, you probably won't understand" applies. A Harley is like a classic car, everything from the sound, feel, smell, is similar to a classic car. The way you modify them (cams, carbs, exhaust) is very similar to a V8 engine (push rods and all). The Harley V-twin is a lot like a small block Chevy. The bike itself is usually an expression of the owners personality or talents. These days there are a lot of weekend "bikers" or "yuppie bikers" this has watered down the whole Harley experience. This is when you see a bunch of stock bikes that all look the same, with a bunch of bolted on chrome goodies (and guys/girls wearing a bunch of Harley leather). These guys do not represent me in any way. So when you made that blanket statement, it showed me you didn't understand and were just running your mouth. My bike represents some of my talents and creativity. When I ride it it's not about what anyone else thinks, it's about how I feel when I on it. That is a feeling that can't be explained, you either "get it" or you don't. You said all Harleys are loud, slow, and don't handle. My bike is pretty darn fast, not so loud, brakes and handles good. It draws a crowd and gets a lot of compliments, neither of which really matter to me. I built it the way I wanted it. That is the same way I build my cars.

I think the point you missed is that I am a WR450 owner/rider so, when I was curious why people wanted to ride them on the street, I could relate and thought maybe I was missing something. When you asked your questions about why I owned a POS Harley , it wasn't asked with the same perspective. You were trying to bash or be funny. My question was serious and I did get the answer from some of the other guys here. I understand why they do it, I just don't feel the need. If you had a Harley and asked why I did something to my bike, I would have probably took it a little differently.

Have a good one, get educated, and enjoy life.

Dang man...pretty hardcore group of posts...I think that you may have just been able to answer this question

Now answer my question : Why would you want to ride a harley ? It's not fast...It doesn't handle . it sucks gas . and it makes more noise then power ,Oh and I almost forgot you can't get them wet or dirty . I don't see the point . Just curious

with a "Because I feel like a real pimp when I ride it" or something easy like that. I mean, thats why I ride mine. Plus its fun. I ride my WR on the street so that when I see that new development or that new gas line being cut or that slope on the side of the highway or that gate with a little gap next to it or that RR track with a RR bridge about 500yds down the line or that looong line of traffic that makes me sit and look at the creek that I have to cross using the bridge 1.5 miles up on the left....I have options. The WR with a plate is a go anywhere, catch me if you think that you can kinda bike that leaves the door open to anything. You can take shortcuts and save time or you can take longcuts and kill time while on the way to go and buy a tube of toothpaste. Plus its Fun. Oh yeah, did I mention it was fun. And last but not least its freakin fun so don't forget to leave those Knobbies on:banana: and have fun! BTW I also get 50+ mpg so I'm savin money too:thumbsup:

• tweav

Posted February 13, 2008 - 04:41 PM

Dang man...pretty hardcore group of posts...I think that you may have just been able to answer this question with a "Because I feel like a real pimp when I ride it" or something easy like that. I mean, thats why I ride mine. Plus its fun. I ride my WR on the street so that when I see that new development or that new gas line being cut or that slope on the side of the highway or that gate with a little gap next to it or that RR track with a RR bridge about 500yds down the line or that looong line of traffic that makes me sit and look at the creek that I have to cross using the bridge 1.5 miles up on the left....I have options. The WR with a plate is a go anywhere, catch me if you think that you can kinda bike that leaves the door open to anything. You can take shortcuts and save time or you can take longcuts and kill time while on the way to go and buy a tube of toothpaste. Plus its Fun. Oh yeah, did I mention it was fun. And last but not least its freakin fun so don't forget to leave those Knobbies on:banana: and have fun! BTW I also get 50+ mpg so I'm savin money too:thumbsup:

Thank you for the straight answer . I really was not trying to make that guy mad . If I was I would do it in person there is no fun in typing insults to someone . I just wanted to know whats so special about them that makes them GOD'S gift to bikers. I've have been riding for 25 years now . And I have the machining skills and the wiring skills to build a bike from nothing but billets,and was thinking of doing so, But In today's world of yuppie bikers I am almost afraid to own a harley in fear that I Might have to talk to a yuppie.

• SJMC_DON

Posted February 13, 2008 - 09:42 PM

I think, and this is only an assumption, but it might be easier to get laid when offering a chick a ride on your harley vs. the WR :cry: but at 40 I have learned that women are way over rated (as are most humans) and my WR makes me happier than any harley would....

I have started dreaming each night, putting myself in that commercial.... I am unfortunately a native of what is now the newly formed California part deux, Washington state :applause: We can't plate anything up here and most Harley riders are RUBS..:)

• tweav

Posted February 13, 2008 - 10:01 PM

I think, and this is only an assumption, but it might be easier to get laid when offering a chick a ride on your harley vs. the WR :cry: but at 40 I have learned that women are way over rated (as are most humans) and my WR makes me happier than any harley would....

I have started dreaming each night, putting myself in that commercial.... I am unfortunately a native of what is now the newly formed California part deux, Washington state :applause: We can't plate anything up here and most Harley riders are RUBS..:)

you guy's can't even plate a ktm or a husky ? most of those do not say the dreaded off road use only on the papers. I know a few guy's that got a plate with the bike and the bike was a 300 2-stroke

• SJMC_DON

Posted February 14, 2008 - 07:00 AM

you guy's can't even plate a ktm or a husky ? most of those do not say the dreaded off road use only on the papers. I know a few guy's that got a plate with the bike and the bike was a 300 2-stroke

Yeah the Husky and KTM can be licensed, but I'd rather ride a harley off road than either of those :applause:

My state is so f'd up, I got friends that have gone to Schucks and Pepboys and bought some of those Chickety China XR knock offs, no head light, no tail light but when they went to license them... guess what? They got plates for them, it all has to with the way they are imported or if they are in the state's system...

If you ever think about moving to WA, forget it.... our riding areas are dissapearing thanks to all the tree hugging cali transplants and you'll never get your WR plated... all we can do is have dreams like this commercial but in the dream, instead of riding my bike thru my office... I am ripping thru all of our state's legislative buildings..........

• dirtysouth

Posted February 14, 2008 - 07:52 AM

I think, and this is only an assumption, but it might be easier to get laid when offering a chick a ride on your harley vs. the WR but at 40 I have learned that women are way over rated (as are most humans) and my WR makes me happier than any harley would....

Fluck givin bike rides...I am gonna have to say that it is much easier to get laid when offering a chick a ride on your Johnson:banana: :) :applause: no matter what kind of bike your riding. And don't forget that there is only so much :cry: that you can fit on that WR which kind works well for those of us that like it lean. You know that they don't call em Hogs for nuthin:smirk: I can say that a lotta college girls dig the MX scene and knobbies make it easier to shoot your roost:p

• tweav

Posted February 14, 2008 - 01:28 PM

Yeah the Husky and KTM can be licensed, but I'd rather ride a harley off road than either of those :applause:

My state is so f'd up, I got friends that have gone to Schucks and Pepboys and bought some of those Chickety China XR knock offs, no head light, no tail light but when they went to license them... guess what? They got plates for them, it all has to with the way they are imported or if they are in the state's system...

If you ever think about moving to WA, forget it.... our riding areas are dissapearing thanks to all the tree hugging cali transplants and you'll never get your WR plated... all we can do is have dreams like this commercial but in the dream, instead of riding my bike thru my office... I am ripping thru all of our state's legislative buildings..........

I'm doing a all wheel drive setup on my project cr500. I was thinking about buying a ktm frame and using that vin to get my cr thru .would just tell them to stamp it with that vin.

• marty b

Posted February 14, 2008 - 04:51 PM

was at the bike show the 08 has it all on it right out of the box

• dirtysouth

Posted February 14, 2008 - 07:57 PM

I'm doing a all wheel drive setup on my project cr500. I was thinking about buying a ktm frame and using that vin to get my cr thru .would just tell them to stamp it with that vin.

All wheel drive bike? Am I missing something? What? How? Why? What???

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.