2009 spy photos? (anyone)

12 replies to this topic
  • kyle450rider

Posted February 10, 2008 - 05:51 AM

Has anyone found some spy photos for the 2009 yet? Just wondering what in store for us next year. If they go to EFI I will probably not buy one. I don't like the idea of e start. Here is my list. WIder pegs, better exhaust and a bigger hit on the bottom. Maybe I'll just get me a leftover 2008.

• rmzRacer293

Posted February 10, 2008 - 11:28 AM

they put fat pegs on the 08 this year. prolly wont be any real info or pics for months from now.:applause:

• KJ790

Posted February 10, 2008 - 12:06 PM

Has anyone found some spy photos for the 2009 yet? Just wondering what in store for us next year. If they go to EFI I will probably not buy one. I don't like the idea of e start. Here is my list. WIder pegs, better exhaust and a bigger hit on the bottom. Maybe I'll just get me a leftover 2008.

I don't they will have electric start, and I doubt you will see EFI until 2010, maybe 09. They already got wide pegs in 08.

• KAS

Posted February 10, 2008 - 01:06 PM

Go buy an '08 and put a pipe on it. Ta da.

• bedell99

Posted February 10, 2008 - 03:57 PM

First Japanese NAtional is April 13. We shold know after that race what the Japanesehave up their sleeve. I bet there is a new swingarm and upgraded frame in the works.

Erik

• rickallen124

Posted February 10, 2008 - 04:24 PM

I expect a new chassis and fuel injection in 2010. Probably just minor refinements in 09-hopefully a new exhaust!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • loucks428

Posted February 10, 2008 - 04:28 PM

hopefully some neat radiator shrouds :applause:

• kyle450rider

Posted February 10, 2008 - 07:56 PM

I use fastway pegs on mine and still wish they were a bit wider. I didn't originally like my bike when I first got it, however after the last few rides on it I'm hooked. I think I'll be getting a 2009 when they come out. I know everyone wants e start and EFI but I dont! I got my carb dialed and my bike starts first kick!

• Drfletcherdc

Posted February 11, 2008 - 07:12 AM

I use fastway pegs on mine and still wish they were a bit wider. I didn't originally like my bike when I first got it, however after the last few rides on it I'm hooked. I think I'll be getting a 2009 when they come out. I know everyone wants e start and EFI but I dont! I got my carb dialed and my bike starts first kick!

After reading the MXA's review of the fuel injection where it boggs coming fast into the corner, I will stick with the carb also.

• adamdf

Posted February 11, 2008 - 12:22 PM

FI is nothing special when it comes to mx bikes, not yet atleast. Look at the Zuk, it wasn't the be all end all that everyone kinda thought it would be. I would much rather see some real changes to the things that matter most in mx, like the chassis, which will aid in better handlign and cornering than to see them stick FI in there.

• cardoc

Posted February 15, 2008 - 11:07 AM

My wish list:

Drop two or three pounds throughout the bike. Fix the pipe/power issue. Add "the button" (about six to eight pounds) for a net gain of 4 or 5 pounds. Forget the fuel injection for now - my carb works perfect. Could you imagine a fine tuned YZ450 with no baggage - just electric start. (keep the kick start as a backup). Where do I sign?

They have all the parts already a la WR450. Just don't add all the other fluff.

• Wyatt

Posted February 18, 2008 - 07:29 AM

I have an inside source that tells me that one of the improvements will be bold new graphics.

• TahitianRed

Posted February 18, 2008 - 02:06 PM

"I have an inside source that tells me that one of the improvements will be bold new graphics." -Wyatt

Hey BNG has worked for the PW50 for the last 28 years. :applause:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.