YZ400f Forks Straightening

3 replies to this topic
  • DeeCee

Posted February 10, 2008 - 04:12 AM

I had a good crash this weekend and bent my forks. It is the outer tube (upper portion of the fork) that is bent (not the inner tube - steel lower leg).

Has anyone had any experience/success with straightening the outer tube ?

• grayracer513

Posted February 10, 2008 - 10:22 AM

Anything is possible, but from a realistic and practical standpoint, the outer tubes can't be straightened. Aluminum doesn't take well to being bent back to its original shape after being deformed, for one thing, so strength issues arise. Also, the roundness and dimensions of the bore in the outer tubes are critical, and there is no good way to restore that. Time for new parts.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr1million

Posted February 10, 2008 - 10:58 AM

like stated, better off buying a new tube or find something on ebay.

• DeeCee

Posted February 10, 2008 - 07:06 PM

Thanks for your comments. Just as I thought. The new parts have been ordered.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.