Venting Questions

4 replies to this topic
  • ToXicD

Posted February 09, 2008 - 08:49 PM

I have read through my manual but cannot find a diagram that shows the routing for the vent lines on the pig. I am assuming the big vent on the crankcase goes to the airbox, but i am trying to figure out where the vent on the top of the cylinder head runs?? I have read that the crf450's have problems blowing oil out of the head and i believe baja designs has an oil tank that catches the blown out oil and returns it back into the system. i was wondering if the same can be done with the pig motor to ensure there is always enough oil to keep the valve train nice and lubed.

• ToXicD

Posted February 10, 2008 - 12:37 PM

nobody knows where the cylinder head vent hose is routed to???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Billahjack

Posted February 10, 2008 - 04:44 PM

I think the air box. Those tube don't attach to a pool of oil, so its probably windage from the cam or something that is flicking it up toward the hose connection on the valve cover.

• Maroast

Posted February 10, 2008 - 04:59 PM

nobody knows where the cylinder head vent hose is routed to???

Your talking about the vent thats between the two valve "windows" on the valve cover?

If this is what your talking about, then it runs up the right side of the frame (if your sitting on the seat), between the radiator and the frame, and into the frame right below the oil fill hole-thingie.

That help?

• ToXicD

Posted February 10, 2008 - 06:09 PM

Yes I am talking about the one on the very top of head over the valve train. So it goes back to the oil tank you are saying? That is exactly what I needed to know as I am building a custom oil tank and need to know if I need to add a vent fitting, thanks!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.