Valves kissed the piston!!!

22 replies to this topic
  • Reedus

Posted February 12, 2008 - 05:52 AM

Ya, I really did forget to put it in. Didn't end up in the engine. The triangle piece in the above pic off the piston is just an illusion created by the camera. Everthing is intact on the piston, just cracked. The cylinder is my next dilemma. The pin scored the wall fairly well. Do I need to resleeve it or just have it refinished? Thanks guys. :applause:

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • matt4x4

Posted February 12, 2008 - 08:10 AM

How deep is it, if it's surface only I'd say refinish is ok, but if you can feel an indentation it might be too deep - get a pro to look it over, but wait with ordering the piston, they may recommend an oversized piston if it is reworkable.

• Speedracer747-400

Posted February 12, 2008 - 08:35 AM

Get it repaired and replated instead of sleeving it. Here's 2 good places you can send it. Be sure and ship the new piston with the cylinder so they can match it up.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.