oil from breather hose?

1 reply to this topic
  • thumpyz

Posted February 09, 2008 - 06:51 PM

I just went on a long (60 mile) high rpm ride. I parked my bike and went back out to the garage to grab my gps and and I noticed some oil had dripped out of my oil breather hose, as I am new to 4 strokes and this being the first real ride I have put on the bike, I am not sure if this is normal. It looked like only a few drops. I just dont want my machine blowing up on me. It is an 04 YZ450. Thanks for the help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • psmith85

Posted February 09, 2008 - 08:10 PM

I this is fairly normal when you run them at high RPM's. I would check the oil level and just make sure that you are not to full or to low.

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.