Stock springs or stiffer for my WR 450?

4 replies to this topic
  • sgilbert

Posted February 09, 2008 - 06:16 PM

I recently purchased an 04 WR 450. The previous owner said that it has fork and shock springs for a 215 lb. rider. It feels very stiff to me. I weigh 200 lbs. Am I wrong in assuming that I should stick with the springs on the bike instead of re-installing the stock springs? Simply soften the compression?

• tweav

Posted February 09, 2008 - 06:23 PM

I would see if you can set at least the rear sag up with you on the bike.. if you can't get the sag setup right . it will never ride or handle good . I have a stock 04 yz rear spring if you want to swap

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • C-P

Posted February 09, 2008 - 06:24 PM

Definitely start with adjusting the shocks...find out what the "standard" settings would be and go from there. Check to see what previous owner did for pre-load on rear shock - is there any static sag?

• SoCalMo

Posted February 09, 2008 - 06:58 PM

I have the opposite problem, my stock WR feels too mushy. Anyone have pointers on setting the sag on the WR.

• MaxPower

Posted February 09, 2008 - 07:10 PM

[COLOR="Green"]I installed a Titanium spring from a new YZ on my WR to lose some weight on my too heavy 04[/COLOR]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.