650R Stock Tail Light Not Working w/Baja Kit

3 replies to this topic
  • jdubb75

Posted February 09, 2008 - 04:02 PM

I just finished up with the B/D DS kit install. I took my time and soldered some "questionable" connections. Overall, I am happy with it.:busted:

The only problem I have with it is now the stock tail light doesn't work. I thought that it lit up as well as the l.e.d. tail from Baja. It's not a big deal, but if I'm gonna have the light on my fender I would like for it to work. I know I can make it work by splicing in to the Baja tail harness. I just don't understand why it quit woking.

Anybody else have this happen or have I done something wrong?

• hondacrf150f1

Posted February 09, 2008 - 05:18 PM

same thing with mine...but i didnt really want the thing to be lit up all the time. I dont remember but i think it had to be unplugged or something to do the baja kit:excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • abby

Posted February 09, 2008 - 08:10 PM

When you disconnect the the two wires from the stator to connect to the baja kit, you are disconnecting the stock regulator, which the stock taillight is connect to.

It is now officially a reflector.

• resurrection

Posted February 09, 2008 - 09:07 PM

They both work on mine .
Infact I have the stock light running hot with a bigger bulb
(very bright and melting the lens)LOL.
and the baja on the brake switch .

My friends say it's much easier to see the brake light come on when it's not trying to out shine the taillight .
Give it a try ,run the hot line for the baja kit to your old light instead or jump a line and run both.

Related Content

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  41 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.