Carb settings for Southern US(B'ham.,AL)?

1 reply to this topic
  • philparker

Posted October 23, 2002 - 04:27 AM

I have an '02 WR426.Airbox snorkel removed and exhaust unplugged.Grey and blue wire cut.At about 1/4 to 1/2 throttle at an exact point I have a miss or sputter.Same miss at same point in every gear. If I snap the throttle...Well,HANG ON. NO problems there obviously.But with smooth throttle roll-on;smooth off bottom to about 1/3 throttle then it misses, and will continue to miss, until I advance past that point going to full.This bike has 100 miles on it since purchased new in June.
I'm a newbie to this web site and to this awesome hobbie/sport.Love this site. Can anyone help me with carb settings for the southeast climate, please? I have several issues but I need to tackle this one first. By the way, this 426 is a tremendous thrill to ride, even when I can't keep the front wheel down! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cnacc

Posted October 23, 2002 - 06:04 AM

Use the search engine to lookup jetting, there will be enough info to make your head hurt. Also look into a new needle, I have an EKP and it has made a huge difference. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.