Suspension advice

2 replies to this topic
  • BadFish

Posted February 08, 2008 - 03:10 PM

I just purchased a 2006 yz450 and need some suspension advice. I've only rode the bike once and was really happy with the overall performance although the suspension was a little stiff. I've already set my race sag to 95mm. I only weigh 145 pounds, so I know getting new spring rates would definitly help me out. Before I spend any money I just wanted to get some input from you guys on wether or not you think I could get away with keeping everything stock.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wiz636

Posted February 08, 2008 - 03:12 PM

For your weight I would definitely get different springs.

• rickallen124

Posted February 08, 2008 - 05:21 PM

You are certainly too light for the stock springs. If you could find someone with a YZ250f that is around the 170-190lb range that needs stiffer springs you could swap to start with. I'd call and ask some of the suspension companies or eibach what springs they would recommend for you and go from there.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.