exhaust help

10 replies to this topic
  • hughes25

Posted February 08, 2008 - 03:01 PM

Hi,
I'm new to the xr world. I bought an 07 XR650L and was looking for an aftermarket exhaust to step up the power. Most of the info I have read about them ( Whitebros, Big gun, FMF, Pro Circuit ) all says the same stuff. Does anyone have any suggestions on what works well for them or what didn't work well?

I have not done any mods yet, but am planning to desnorkel, desmog, and rejet.

any suggestions would be greatly appreacated
Thank you

Ps. Most of the rideing around here is at 6000ft elevation

• martinfan30

Posted February 08, 2008 - 03:32 PM

I like my WB E2 silencer. Sounds good and not too loud. Also you can grind the header welds down to help top end flow a bit.

• Norge

Posted February 08, 2008 - 05:11 PM

I like my WB E2 silencer. Sounds good and not too loud. Also you can grind the header welds down to help top end flow a bit.

I second that, the E2 has a nice sound without being loud.

• hughes25

Posted February 09, 2008 - 07:26 PM

thank you for your input

• axle8

Posted February 10, 2008 - 04:28 AM

I have an XR's Only system om my bike. Other than the welds, I like the exhaust. To me, it is not loud at all. I purchased the silent core with the pipe and found I did'nt need it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aglkg

Posted February 10, 2008 - 04:37 AM

I have a supertrapp slip on, I like it, and I think it sounds good too.

• Maroast

Posted February 10, 2008 - 08:09 AM

I've got the FMF hi-flow header and Ti4 exhaust. Its way too loud... especially if you like to tear around on the streets, and sneak around in the woods. The "quiet core" does nothing but change the tone of the noxious noise being emitted from the @ss of the bike...

....but it does sound pretty nasty, and add to the rush when you've got the throttle pinned and your arms are being ripped out of your sockets :applause:

**I would change my can, but I dont have to money**

• donkey08

Posted February 10, 2008 - 08:38 AM

I have the XR's only slip on and really like it, I was wondering if the header will make that much difference.
Donkey08

• martinfan30

Posted February 10, 2008 - 09:16 AM

I have an XR's Only system om my bike. Other than the welds, I like the exhaust. To me, it is not loud at all. I purchased the silent core with the pipe and found I did'nt need it.

Whats wrong with the welds? Pics?

• Denn10

Posted February 10, 2008 - 07:14 PM

I second that, the E2 has a nice sound without being loud.

I triple that i have a WB E2 on a 400ex and a WB E series with 12 discs on the L right now, Love em both and the E2 comes with a spark arrestor insert and that quiets the sound a bit but take it out for max air flow when you dont need the SA and your still not aggrivatinly noisy. There well made.

• hughes25

Posted February 11, 2008 - 07:21 AM

Thank you all for your help. I went ahead and ordered a WB E2.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.