Does anyone have 2000 TTR 225 jetting cures?

1 reply to this topic
  • MN_Kevin

Posted December 01, 2000 - 07:49 AM

I am fixing this kid's 2K TTR225. I remember the thing was running real lean, although this was during February/March time frame when he first bought it. It has stopped running. So far, the only thing I have found is the battery was totally destroyed. It requires a charge rate of 0.8 amps/hr, voltage ???. Scott stuck it on a 12volt/ 10amp(?) charger and destroyed it, unknowingly. Now, I am just trying to get it started/running.

Anyone know of any jetting cures for this bike?

Kevin

------------------

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jj

Posted December 01, 2000 - 09:27 AM

Oh God. Had one sold it. I had more problems with that damn bike. It literally took 30 minutes to properly warm up. I had it in and out of the shop more than my I choose to remember. The battery would not hold a charge, it geared too low, jetted too lean the list goes on and on. Sold it bought a TTR125 L, love it.

My best advise would be to cut your loses. If you decide no to do that, I'd recommend taking the carb of yourself and cleaning it thoroughly. Very thoroughly, take out all of the jets and scub them. Make sure your air filter is spotless and put in a new plug. All this actually did make a big difference.

Best of luck.

Oh, yeah go get yourself one of those Battery Tender Plus units. The unit allows you to attach a special attachment to the battery that you can leave on. This will allow you to trickle charge your battery without having to take off seat and siding.

------------------
JJ - 99 WR; WR timed, stock jetting, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Terry Cable Hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever, Moose skid plate, Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Russel speed bleeders, Factory Effect graphics, YZ rear fender

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.