Windshield for XRL?

10 replies to this topic
  • xrunt

Posted February 08, 2008 - 11:01 AM

Have any of you all got good setups for deflecting wind on longer road trips?

• tgstoken

Posted February 08, 2008 - 11:56 AM

You can always use the hobo sport bike method. Just put your feet on the passenger pegs and lay yourself down on the tank.:busted: Note: I have only done this once. It was crazy-windy, about 70mph gusts. Well, I got stuck in it on the way home and laying down was about the only way I could even ride the bike past a speed of about 40. There was ZERO traffic.

• Smoke Eater

Posted February 08, 2008 - 12:43 PM

Cee Bailey's windscreen is pretty good. I ride all winter in the snow and crap. It makes a big difference.

• XRsteve

Posted February 08, 2008 - 08:20 PM

I use a slipstream spitfire. It looks ok and works pretty good. I still have a little wind on my helmet, but I'm 6'1".

• CTXr650L

Posted February 09, 2008 - 05:17 AM

+1 on the Slipstream spitfire, works preety good and goes on and off in about 5 seconds once you have the mounts in place.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stepho

Posted February 09, 2008 - 07:41 AM

I am currently working on a usd fork upgrade to my xrl. I have to set up new light and gauges and I have a set of 4" fuegos coming on monday. I have a really killer looking windscreen off a S50 aprillia scooter that looks SICK! It has a very dark dark blue tint (almost looks like black) I will post back here when I get it mounted. It truley looks very sporty. It has sections that cover the master cyl and the lines. I am really fired up about the looks. Not too much bigger than the stock one, but a killer style.

• AtomicGeo

Posted February 09, 2008 - 04:57 PM

My bike w/ Maier windshield ...not too bad for $85..functionally it's OK.

Posted Image

• husky123

Posted February 09, 2008 - 07:10 PM

Looks good Rodrigeo!

• martinfan30

Posted February 09, 2008 - 07:36 PM

Where did those side racks come from?

• AtomicGeo

Posted February 10, 2008 - 08:46 PM

These are the ones that are "buy it now" on ebay; they are really well made: power coat is excellent, and the welds are solid...I know cause I dropped (several times) my bike with these racks on and they hold up well.

Where did those side racks come from?

• martinfan30

Posted February 11, 2008 - 09:02 AM

Got any pics of it loaded up?

Related Content

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  37 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.