Carburetor Question

10 replies to this topic
  • blown351gt

Posted February 08, 2008 - 08:58 AM

I WAS IN THE PROCESS OF CLEANING THE CARB AND I THINK BUT NOT SURE, THAT THE PLUG SCREW IN THE CARBURETOR FLOAT CHAMBER IS NOT GETTING TIGHT. i KNOW IT HAS BEEN OFF BEFORE AND IT WAS NOT CROSS-THREADED WHEN OUT IN, BUT IS NOT GETTING TIGHT. IS THERE ANYTHING I AM MISSING FROM PUTTING IT BACK TOGETHER OF IS THERE A REPLACEMENT PART NUMBER FOR THE FLOAT CHAMBER. DOEA ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR REPLACEMENT PART NUMBERS FOR THE FLOAT CHAMBER.
THANKS

• jbrooks26

Posted February 08, 2008 - 09:06 AM

Are you missing the o-ring? If I remember right, you can actually thread that all the way into the float bowl with the o-ring missing and it will just run out of thread and spin. Not a very good description, but there is a gap between the seating surface on the plug where there is not any thread. If you don't have the o-ring to take up this gap then your plug would just spin in the bowl. Hope this helps.

Josh

• blown351gt

Posted February 08, 2008 - 09:11 AM

Yeah, If I Remember It Is On There, But It Could Be Damaged, That What Sounds Like Could Be Wrong, It Threads In But Never Really Makes Good Connection.
Thanks

• jbrooks26

Posted February 08, 2008 - 10:26 AM

Glad to help, let us know how it turns out. Or if you have other questions.

Josh

• blown351gt

Posted February 08, 2008 - 10:43 AM

do you know if they sell the float bowl that the cap screws into separate? I looked at a microfiche and could not find anything

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WGP

Posted February 08, 2008 - 11:07 AM

They sell every screw seperately for these bikes :busted:

I order from these guys all the time:

http://www.mrcycles.com/

• blown351gt

Posted February 08, 2008 - 12:10 PM

I havnt chec ked yet to see if it is the screw or the float bowl itself. if the float bowl is stripped, is there a way just to replace that float bowl or what are my options?

• jbrooks26

Posted February 08, 2008 - 12:22 PM

Is the bowl stripped, or is it the plug? You can order the plug seperately, but I don't think you can get the bowl without bying aftermarket or used. Not even sure if anyone sells an aftermarket bowl or not. Maybe you could take the bowl and plug to a local machine shop for some advice. Hope this helps.

Josh

• blown351gt

Posted February 08, 2008 - 12:25 PM

ok, when i get home from work im going to pull it apart, i just found this out when i smelled gas this morning trying to take it to work

• GCannon

Posted February 08, 2008 - 02:23 PM

You may want to read up on this baby:
http://www.btosports.com/p/RDPB If you get one let us know how it goes. I think I read that team Zipty uses these on their YZ's

Call these guy's they are a good betfor FCR Parts
http://www.sudco.com/

• blown351gt

Posted February 08, 2008 - 04:02 PM

thank you for all the info guys

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.