post pics... 426 vs 450 subframe..

6 replies to this topic
  • gbalias

Posted February 07, 2008 - 06:00 PM

can you guys post your pics of 03-05 450s ....

i need to see where the exhaust mounts on the subframe and the difference between the 426 subframe.

id like to fit a 450 exhaust to a 426.

thanks guys. :busted:

• grayracer513

Posted February 07, 2008 - 07:43 PM

That can be done. It's easiest with a pipe like the FMF Ti4/Factory4, where the muffler is a slip fit to the mid pipe, ane the muffler hanger itself is a sliding band clamp that can be put anywhere it happens to fit best. The two bikes are actually different, but not very much.

• gbalias

Posted February 07, 2008 - 09:24 PM

ah. i thought the canister mount was the same and the midpipe/subframe mount was the one that was in a different location. in which case i could easily machine a bracket for it.

i wish i knew someone who had a 450 of that year to put the bikes side by side and take some measurements.

hows the fitment of the head pipe? 426/450 interchangeable?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 07, 2008 - 09:47 PM

ah. i thought the canister mount was the same and the midpipe/subframe mount was the one that was in a different location. in which case i could easily machine a bracket for it.

hows the fitment of the head pipe? 426/450 interchangeable?

I believe the header is functionally interchangeable. There are a number of old posts on this subject you might search for, as I recall. I think that whether the muffler hanger or the midpipe lug are "the problem" depends on which bolt you put in first. As I understand it, they aren't far off.

• gbalias

Posted February 08, 2008 - 12:27 AM

cool thanks.

i did a search but didnt find much on the header.

i guess ill get an exhaust and off to the mill i go! ill let you know what happens when its done.

• grayracer513

Posted February 08, 2008 - 09:11 AM

Bear in mind that the exhaust for the early steel 450 is the one that nearly fits. The '06+ models aren't even close.

• gbalias

Posted February 08, 2008 - 04:28 PM

yep.....03-05 .....

the steelies. hehehe.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.