Need a pic of your float bowl drain screw

10 replies to this topic
  • kwoody51

Posted February 07, 2008 - 03:55 PM

Please don't flame me for owning a Honda but I need some Yamaha help.

I need a screw for this hole, but Honda doesn't sell it seperate, it only comes with the entire float bowl, kinda stupid I know.

Posted Image

I've been told a 426 has a screw similar to the one I need. I tired a screw out of an 05 YZ450 but it didn't work, too big diameter and it had an allen head. The screw I need is pretty slim and has a slotted head.

Thanks for you help!

• yz4fun

Posted February 07, 2008 - 08:02 PM

go to an auto parts store and find a screw that will fit.not sure if you can but it is worth a try.good luck.:busted:

• y2kmills

Posted February 08, 2008 - 10:14 AM

not sure what year your bike is but for 2003 and new Yamaha's the part number is 3TJ-14191-40-00 for a 2006 YZ450f and list is $7.33 and for the YF426F bikes you will need to buy the bowl as well...

• lavens763

Posted February 08, 2008 - 10:37 AM

can you possibly get a buddies that fits yours and bring it to fastenal. The are a bolt business..they can get almost anything it seems. good luck!

• grayracer513

Posted February 08, 2008 - 11:07 AM

The screw that goes in that hole will have a tapered point of sorts on it, since it opens or shuts off the drain passage from the float bowl. As such, a common screw won't work unless, perhaps it can be modified, which is why he wants to see one.

However, if the replacement part cannot be found, take the float bowl off and identify the hole in the bottom of the bowl that runs out into the drainway. Then go to a bicycle shop and get a loose steel ball bearing that will fit snugly into that passage (might need to drill it open a little) and drive the ball into the hole to plug it off so that it will no longer leak fuel. Then, find any screw that will thread into the external hole to use to plug that off. You won't have the convenient little drain setup anymore, but you'll be able to ride.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WGP

Posted February 08, 2008 - 11:09 AM

It should be found on http://www.mrcycles.com/

for about 5$

• grayracer513

Posted February 08, 2008 - 01:42 PM

I doubt that, since they have no more than what the factory catalogs offer, and the OEM parts books don't show it as serviceable.

• Wiz636

Posted February 08, 2008 - 02:41 PM

Check the parts for quads maybe. I lost the little o-ring that goes on the fuel screw of my old 426 and could only get it by buying the whole fuel screw assembly...but the YFZ quad used the same o-ring and it could be purchased seperately.

• Speedracer747-400

Posted February 08, 2008 - 05:58 PM

You can buy it from www.sudco.com. Check out item 46 in the links below. I'm pretty sure that's what your looking for.

Drain Screw
Keihin P/N 1198-810-2002
Sudco P/N 021-733

Keihin FCR-MX Exploded View
http://www.sudco.com/vol33/106.pdf

Keihin FCR-MX Parts
http://www.sudco.com/vol33/107-108.pdf

• kwoody51

Posted February 08, 2008 - 08:10 PM

Thanks for all of your replies I have gotten way more help here than in the Honda section what's that say.

I did get a PM from forum member that says that a Kawi drain screw out of an 06 450 should work.

I also don't know if some of your saw it in my 1st post but I have a drain screw from a YZ 450 which is the same drain screw that Sudco sells as well as is stock in most all of the MX FCR carbs, for some reason honda has to be different.

So I think that I will try the screw from the Kawi float bowl and go from there.

• todds924

Posted February 08, 2008 - 08:33 PM

Thanks for all of your replies I have gotten way more help here than in the Honda section what's that say.

I did get a PM from forum member that says that a Kawi drain screw out of an 06 450 should work.

I also don't know if some of your saw it in my 1st post but I have a drain screw from a YZ 450 which is the same drain screw that Sudco sells as well as is stock in most all of the MX FCR carbs, for some reason honda has to be different.

So I think that I will try the screw from the Kawi float bowl and go from there.

If it is the same as an 06 crf 250r carburetor bowl, i have a screw you can have...I have a donor carb for a crf 250.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.