WR Supermoto Tranny Trouble?

5 replies to this topic
  • Appalachian DR

Posted February 07, 2008 - 03:36 PM

Has any one had any trouble with their tranny, running street rubber and blasting around without a cush hub?

I want to tard this thing but I can't find a cush hub and I have zero self control when it comes to snatching up the front wheel:devil:

• djv5

Posted February 07, 2008 - 04:58 PM

I have done about 5,000 miles with 17" Excel SM wheels and Maxxis ProMaxx street tires on the stock 18/21" rims. No problems with the tranny yet.

The SM wheels are heavy, and you will have to change your gearing. I prefer the stock rims with sticky street tires, and run 14/50 gearing.

I have accumulated over 10,000 miles combined with street, dirt, SM, and Dual Sporting since I bought the WR new in 2003. I wheelie all the time on the street, but am real careful about downshifting and locking up the rear tire.

Posted Image
Posted Image

• SID013

Posted February 14, 2008 - 11:15 PM

Has any one had any trouble with their tranny, running street rubber and blasting around without a cush hub?

I want to tard this thing but I can't find a cush hub and I have zero self control when it comes to snatching up the front wheel:devil:

This company was mentioned on another thread.

http://www.radmfg.com/cush%20kit.htm

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2grimjim

Posted February 15, 2008 - 07:12 PM

'03 WR's had an issue with 3rd and 4th gear grenading. This problem was resolved with new part numbers for some of the tranny parts on the '04-later WR's

• gregwr450f

Posted February 15, 2008 - 07:36 PM

I know 2 05's that buggered up from road riding.

• ukuhunta

Posted February 15, 2008 - 07:40 PM

ive been riding mine alot. over 2k miles and not one problem, 17 inch excel rims with dunlops, also drag race my bike, did one season and a half and not one single tranny problem so i dont believe that to be true, season starts in two weeks, this wr 523cc stroker is the defending points champion, just had to do one clutch and thats about it......lol

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.