Oil in flywheel

6 replies to this topic
  • hotdog7

Posted February 07, 2008 - 01:17 PM

On my wr 2002 wr426 I checked the valves today and when I took off the two caps to line up timeing mark I found oil inside caps and on flywheel is there supossed to be oil in there?

• William1

Posted February 07, 2008 - 01:37 PM

Yes, all is ok.

• JS264

Posted February 07, 2008 - 03:03 PM

You are thinking 2-stroke. There is supposed to be oil in there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 02WR426Cali

Posted February 07, 2008 - 04:51 PM

You are thinking 2-stroke. There is supposed to be oil in there.

Yeah I had the same problem. I had worked on a bunch of 2 strokes and then all of a sudden I tap into my 426 and it's full of oil. I got scared for a minute, but then I found out it's normal. There is no crank seal on 4 strokes like there is on 2 strokes.

• hotdog7

Posted February 07, 2008 - 07:07 PM

Thanks I was sh**ing in my pants thought I was in real trouble. My xt has no oil on that side of the motor

• MotoGoalie

Posted February 08, 2008 - 08:15 AM

On my wr 2002 wr426 I checked the valves today and when I took off the two caps to line up timeing mark I found oil inside caps and on flywheel is there supossed to be oil in there?

Uh, isnt your OIL FILL hole in the Flywheel side of the crankcase?:busted:

XRs are the same way, BTW.

• 02WR426Cali

Posted February 08, 2008 - 03:35 PM

Uh, isnt your OIL FILL hole in the Flywheel side of the crankcase?:busted:

XRs are the same way, BTW.

Nope, not on the 98-02 models. The fill hole is in the downtube of the frame in front of the gas tank. This system holds more oil and is a better system in my opinion for off road riders such as myself.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.