uk grey import.with or without ?

No replies to this topic
  • andy_howes

Posted April 15, 2002 - 10:29 PM

friend of mine has a chance to buy a new crf450 without vat ( value added tax )any body in the uk able to explain the fors and againsts for doing this.chances of geting stung later on etc. the purchase will be though a dealer he knows reasonably well. the deal will be for cash and he has to provide a copy of his passport.i sure i read in tmx a couple of years ago that customs and excise were checking engine and frame nos at meetings and demanding the tax can anybody confirm this?the same dealer offered me a new wr 400 in 99 which i decided against because of registering it.where i would have had to have shown a vat recipt. The deal my friend has been offered is only £150 cheaper than the cheapest deal ive seen with a vat recipt(£4450)so personly i think if hes going the none vat route the deal should be cheaper!any help or comments apprecated thanks :) :D andy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.