Linkage greasing question

7 replies to this topic
  • ubu

Posted February 07, 2008 - 09:53 AM

Anyone know how many needles go in the end of the connecting rod? The longer ones.

I hope it's 76, because that's what I counted after picking them up off the garage floor.:busted: All cleaned and ready to go in a little cup, and I dropped it when I was tiddying up last night. Going to reassemble tonight if I have enough needles. Otherwise, I'll spend the next 2 days looking for the ones that got away. 76 divides evenly for both sides, though.

• loudarbs

Posted February 07, 2008 - 09:57 AM

Been there, done that. Sucks, I know. I can't help you out with the number but persistance helped me.

• grayracer513

Posted February 07, 2008 - 10:06 AM

I don't know the number, but the answer is that there should not be room for one more when they are all in place.

• ubu

Posted February 07, 2008 - 12:14 PM

I don't know the number, but the answer is that there should not be room for one more when they are all in place.

I know. That's while I'll be furious if I'm short.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WGP

Posted February 07, 2008 - 01:46 PM

I have extras if you need a couple (PM me.)

• USED YZ426F

Posted February 07, 2008 - 01:53 PM

All cleaned and ready to go in a little cup, and I dropped it when I was tiddying up last night. Going to reassemble tonight if I have enough needles. Otherwise, I'll spend the next 2 days looking for the ones that got away.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.:busted: Magnetic part trays are a wonderful invention.

• ubu

Posted February 08, 2008 - 08:31 AM

76:thumbsup:

Placing the needles was easier than I thought it would be. My 6 yr old did the connecting rod while I packed the relay arm.

• grayracer513

Posted February 08, 2008 - 09:20 AM

Your 6 year-old's little fingers were probably a physical advantage. :busted:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.