Oh no.... not again !!!

4 replies to this topic
  • Alain

Posted April 15, 2002 - 05:01 PM

Of course a Jetting question.....

I recently bought a WB e-series shorty with the tapered header...over that I want to YZ time my WR and remove my air box lid.

My curent jetting is stock...
DTM needle, 168 main, 45 pilot, 200 MAJ, 75 PAJ, air box lid on ( I ride between 0 to 2000`)

With the stock jetting (WR timing and without the WB pipe and lid on) I felt that it was ok.(but might not be.. I never did the plug test). I`ve alreadu ordered a few jets but before I start testing I was just wondering if any of the gurus would have suggestions that would enable me to same time and money by not having to buy & test jets that I`ll surely won`t need ?

Thanks
WR400 98`

• Taffy

Posted April 15, 2002 - 09:06 PM

try WR timing and keep your needle!

de-octopuss it.
airbox lid off

TRY
160MJ
160MAJ
DTM c4
35PJ
50PAJ
Taff Mod the APJ. right now i've described it over on the KTM side.

if you go to YZ timing get the EMM needle for sea level. they're out of stock at the moment i'm told but the WR250 uses a ELM as an optional needle. go for this. you won't need to change anything else, just the needle.

good luck :)

Taffy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Alain

Posted April 16, 2002 - 06:47 AM

Thanks for the info Taffy...

I`m just wondering why you`re going smaller ?? I know that usually with an aftermarket pipe we go higher but this is when leaving the stock air jets in there..(MAJ & PAJ)... what`s the main advantage to lower the air jets ?? save gas ? I saw several guys going to a 100 PAJ with a 45-48 PJ.

another thing... where do you get the part numbers for those jets... they`re not on the microfiche.

thanks

• Taffy

Posted April 16, 2002 - 12:37 PM

alain

the story is too long.

search back here for 30 DAYS and read jetting Qs. at certain poiunts we discuss a "run" on MAJ's and all along the way we discuss (especially near the end) the lowering of the PJ.

i did a 3 hour enduro on 3 imperial gallons and had about 1/2 a gallon left at the end!

Taffy

• Alain

Posted April 16, 2002 - 02:05 PM

Perfect

thanks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.