Front end annoying clunk

3 replies to this topic
  • Knowledge seeker

Posted February 07, 2008 - 04:31 AM

I resprung my bike with eibach springs. When I replaced the fork ones I used the top & bottom ring caps that came with the stock ones as per eibach instructions. After the swap I've noticed that when I get on it, lock the front brake, & push down there's a very annoying clunk followed by a spring compressing sound which the stock springs didn't have. Has anyone had this before?. Thanks in advance.

• scalejockey

Posted February 07, 2008 - 06:19 AM

Yes mine did the same thing for a while. I think they have re-centered themselves now.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Knowledge seeker

Posted February 07, 2008 - 08:14 AM

Understood, Thanks!.

• DREWBUSH

Posted February 07, 2008 - 01:07 PM

Just had mine resprung and revalved by a local suspension guy. I had the same complaint you did, he said on the xr they really dont have a centering device like the newer bikes and the new springs were .5mm narrower than the stock ones( I think thats what he said, hes an engineer and rambled off a lot of numbers). So he said it was the only springs still being offered that he could find(racetech). On mine, before I even put them in you could hear the springs rattling around inside the forks. Also it sounded like a really noisy bed springs when you compress them. I have put about 50 street miles on them and the noise is going away. You probably wont be able to get rid of all the noise though.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.