Digital Speedo on 2007 WR

38 replies to this topic
  • tweav

Posted February 08, 2008 - 04:37 AM

Well I checked the drawings they are the mostly the same . not anything differant at the computer wiring. so I pulled mine off. and looked at it close I found a jumper wire in the back , So I clipped it , it did not change anything so I hooked it back up , I guess they are just programed slightly differant . I'm getting a vapor . this thing is dumb . for those for of you who love the thing you can make a handle bar remote control using the wires in the 4 wire plug.

1 brown + black = slct1
2 dark green + black = slct2
3 yellow + black = rst

• KennyMc

Posted February 08, 2008 - 07:53 AM

Hi, here in south africa our versions of the wr450 got the total km (not resetable) and the "a" & "b" trip, funny you guys dont have it????

Is there a paticular sequence of buttons you need to push to get to the total milage? My current display is for A but it is easily switched to B. How do you get to the Total?

• simonreeves

Posted February 08, 2008 - 10:09 AM

i'm glad it's not just me that can't work the damn thing. I played with it for hours & got what i thought was total miles, now i'm not so sure. Maybe i'll just leave it well alone.:busted:

• tweav

Posted February 08, 2008 - 12:00 PM

Is there a paticular sequence of buttons you need to push to get to the total milage? My current display is for A but it is easily switched to B. How do you get to the Total?

the usa models got screwed even more . all those guy do to get to the total is keep hitting the the slct2 button it should scoll thru in this order: odo - trip a - trip b - trip a - odo

the fantastic usa model goes, trip a ,trip b, trip a, trip b
completely stupid

• William1

Posted February 08, 2008 - 04:40 PM

For those that have an actual, accumulated mileage odo in your country, would you look up the part and supply the part number of the speedo instrument?

• tweav

Posted February 08, 2008 - 05:37 PM

For those that have an actual, accumulated mileage odo in your country, would you look up the part and supply the part number of the speedo instrument?

it's much cheaper just to buy a vapor I got one for my bike with the aluminium protector for 143 shipped today

• William1

Posted February 08, 2008 - 06:18 PM

I know, I wanted the part number to dissect it and try to find out the actual differences. Yamaha part numbers tell more than simply where the part is located on a shelf and on the bike. Certain values in it define function and interchangeability. With the number, I just might be able to get the odo function working on my stock unit.

• tweav

Posted February 08, 2008 - 06:38 PM

I tryed All kinds of stuff with mine with no luck . Oh and mine loses all memory when it is unpluged . somebody earlier in this post said it will keep data without the battery. I even tryed cutting the jumper wire , I even hooked a backup battery to the jumpers wires. and still nothing . so we can use mine for a crash test dumbie . So just tell me what you want to try . instead of testing on your's . I'll set mine up on my work bench

• Haro

Posted February 08, 2008 - 10:40 PM

Wow, that Yamaha site needs some updating.... 2001 is the most recent WR, and if you go by year, it only goes to 2003.......

I can even pull up 2008 model year...:busted:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tweav

Posted February 08, 2008 - 11:17 PM

I can even pull up 2008 model year...:ride:

Yeah I pulled up a 2007 . I just didn't say anything. maybe he's got dial up ..:busted: :worthy:

• KennyMc

Posted February 09, 2008 - 12:06 AM

Yeah I pulled up a 2007 . I just didn't say anything. maybe he's got dial up ..:busted: :worthy:

I knew dial-up was slow, but 7 years...:ride:

• KennyMc

Posted February 09, 2008 - 01:02 AM

I tryed All kinds of stuff with mine with no luck . Oh and mine loses all memory when it is unpluged . somebody earlier in this post said it will keep data without the battery. I even tryed cutting the jumper wire , I even hooked a backup battery to the jumpers wires. and still nothing . so we can use mine for a crash test dumbie . So just tell me what you want to try . instead of testing on your's . I'll set mine up on my work bench

Well, since this project has hit a stand still, I figured I would go out and install my BRP Scotts damper I just got from the TT store. Man olmighty, what a delivery success fro TT. :busted: :worthy: :ride:

I ordered it from TT, which in turn ordered it from BRP since I wanted their top mount. BRP sent it out on Thursday to TT. TT sent it out to me on Friday. I now have completed the install:thumbsup: We it took me 2 days (11:00PM Friday to 12:30AM on Saturday)

Posted Image

• William1

Posted February 09, 2008 - 03:14 AM

I can even pull up 2008 model year...:busted:

I was trying open the AU site, not the US one. Just went back in, it is not the same as when I went there the first time. Must of been yupdating it when I was trying to see last time.

No dial up here, fiber to the router in my house.

• William1

Posted February 09, 2008 - 03:19 AM

I knew the comment about it having a backup battery was incorrect. Both the value for the clock and trip meter are held in volitale RAM. If there was/is a odo, the memory for that is most likely in 'bubble RAM'. This memory type does not need a power source to retain info. The South Africa part number may provide some insight. Failing that, I can speak to Yamaha directly (I am an ex-factory tech for Yamaha USA and have some contacts).

• motomanny

Posted October 29, 2008 - 08:43 PM

hey I have an even dummer question... how do you set the damm thing in the first place...I have a 2008 wr450 but no owners manual and my odometer/ speedometer only reads 0 even when moving I have no idea how to set the thing to tell me how fast im going and how many miles my current trip is.....help!!

• tweav

Posted October 29, 2008 - 10:31 PM

here's a link to a online book pdf file of a 07 wr450

It's a fairly big file so it may take some time to download . like 22megs

http://ymenvom.nl/manuals/M5TJ44.PDF

• RSAthump

Posted October 31, 2008 - 07:29 AM

Ill check mine for you guys, mine also keeps total milage, from South africa too, Ill send you part number. Aussies? Brits? Are yours the same as ours?

• Bradical

Posted October 31, 2008 - 02:39 PM

In Canada we also get the odometer function. Strange that they would bother having two different units in North America.:lol:

• tweav

Posted October 31, 2008 - 06:01 PM

I can explain why the U.S.A. bike have a worthless speedo ....It very simple We nuked japan and they are still pissed off.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.