Digital Speedo on 2007 WR

38 replies to this topic
  • thedktor

Posted February 07, 2008 - 03:01 AM

Hi,

searched but can't find a definitive answer.

If I disconnect the battery to charge it does the total mileage (odometer)reset or is there some kind of back-up battery or permanent memory on these things?

Thanks

TD

• zorroz

Posted February 07, 2008 - 06:14 AM

Yes it has a back up battery so it will never reset.

• KennyMc

Posted February 07, 2008 - 07:46 AM

How do you get the total mileage reading from the stock 07 digital odometer.:busted: Apparently I need the manual for dummies because I can't seem to find it.:worthy:

• tweav

Posted February 07, 2008 - 08:50 AM

I really don't think it does have a total miles odometer in it . it only has 4 digits so it only goes to 9999.9 . that it why I'm thinking of putting on a vapor.

• Island Boy

Posted February 07, 2008 - 09:17 AM

I really don't think it does have a total miles odometer in it . it only has 4 digits so it only goes to 9999.9 . that it why I'm thinking of putting on a vapor.

it goes to 999.9 miles and resets at 0.

• KennyMc

Posted February 07, 2008 - 09:29 AM

How do you get to the total mileage? I have reset A and B tripometers but I can't seem to get to one that doesn't now read 0. Can you reset the total mileage one?

• tweav

Posted February 07, 2008 - 11:40 AM

How do you get to the total mileage? I have reset A and B tripometers but I can't seem to get to one that doesn't now read 0. Can you reset the total mileage one?

there is no total mileage one there it just trip meter a and trip meter b . that is one of the things I find stupid about it , and is why I'm going to put on a vapor .:busted:

• William1

Posted February 07, 2008 - 01:39 PM

I wish my WR speedo tracked total miles....

• WRC

Posted February 07, 2008 - 03:06 PM

I tried to keep a total mileage readout on the B tripometer, but reset it to 0 by mistake when I reset the A. I also wish it had a total miles mode. For all the other crap it has race mode blah, blah, blah,TOTAL time for a ride blah, blah ,blah should have total miles:blah: :busted: :worthy: :ride:

• KennyMc

Posted February 07, 2008 - 04:00 PM

there is no total mileage one there it just trip meter a and trip meter b . that is one of the things I find stupid about it , and is why I'm going to put on a vapor .:blah:

:worthy: :ride: :blah: As WRC said, I am going to try and use the B tripometer. It would be nice to have a total engine hour meter as well. Maybe I will look into the Vapor as well.:busted:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted February 07, 2008 - 04:05 PM

I would like to have total miles to make the yearly inspections simpler. My WR is plated and the state tracks total miles. I like the simplicity and ease of operation and would rather not put a Vapor on, though the tach and temp functions of the Vapor would be nice. Would be able to loose the speedo drive cable to one run along the brake line like I have on my DRZ SM.

• KennyMc

Posted February 07, 2008 - 05:01 PM

I would like to have total miles to make the yearly inspections simpler. My WR is plated and the state tracks total miles. I like the simplicity and ease of operation and would rather not put a Vapor on, though the tach and temp functions of the Vapor would be nice. Would be able to loose the speedo drive cable to one run along the brake line like I have on my DRZ SM.

:busted: :worthy: :ride: F'n Kalifornia:foul:

• suzukipoo

Posted February 08, 2008 - 12:01 AM

Hi, here in south africa our versions of the wr450 got the total km (not resetable) and the "a" & "b" trip, funny you guys dont have it????

• tweav

Posted February 08, 2008 - 12:56 AM

Hi, here in south africa our versions of the wr450 got the total km (not resetable) and the "a" & "b" trip, funny you guys dont have it????

can you post me a copy of your wiring diagram? from your book. maybe there is a simple wiring change that can be done. How do you get to it on yours?

• Haro

Posted February 08, 2008 - 01:04 AM

there is no total mileage one there it just trip meter a and trip meter b . that is one of the things I find stupid about it , and is why I'm going to put on a vapor .:busted:

Maybe I read the manual wrong but it states that you can keep total miles....however on my 07 I followed every step in the book at it did not work the same. Pretty disappointing at first but I have since gotten over it with consoling.

• suzukipoo

Posted February 08, 2008 - 01:16 AM

Give me your e-mail then i can send you a .pdf file with the manuel, on page 58 is the computer and page 676 is the wire diagram.

• tweav

Posted February 08, 2008 - 01:41 AM

Give me your e-mail then i can send you a .pdf file with the manuel, on page 58 is the computer and page 676 is the wire diagram.

message sent , check your pm's

• suzukipoo

Posted February 08, 2008 - 01:48 AM

It won`t go thru message says: undelivered mail returned to sender file size to large for e-mail address? How do i send just a page from the .pdf file?

• Haro

Posted February 08, 2008 - 01:55 AM

Here...try this if you don't have the manual...

http://www.yamahaown...om.au/index.php

• William1

Posted February 08, 2008 - 03:07 AM

Wow, that Yamaha site needs some updating.... 2001 is the most recent WR, and if you go by year, it only goes to 2003.......

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.