white bros. exhaust stuffing mines empty,.........

9 replies to this topic
  • enriquefromhonduras

Posted October 22, 2002 - 01:03 PM

hello my inside of my white brothers exhaust is empty i thaugt it had stuffing in it but is this normal or it really needs stuffing ,does this affects performance.
i bought an fmf packing i can use this stuffing?

• Jekel

Posted October 23, 2002 - 06:50 AM

If no one answers you I would check out the White Bros web site for info. I looked at their pipes (don't run one) and it seems they do have packing. Also I was able to download and print info on the pipe. Good luck. :)

Posted October 23, 2002 - 09:14 AM

I had mine repacked by a vendor at the Loretta Lynns GNCC..I know for a fact that he used his own packing...It was even a little quieter.

I wouldn't worry about the FMF packing.

Bonzai :)

• Talonboy

Posted October 23, 2002 - 10:29 AM

My white bros. pipe(e-series) came with packing. Any packing should work in the pipe, and it will quiet the bike down.

• slowcrow

Posted October 23, 2002 - 10:51 AM

How does you street legal WR400 do on the street? What mods did you make?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • enriquefromhonduras

Posted October 23, 2002 - 12:10 PM

thanks so much for your replies im gonna repackit and maybee it will be quieter but will it affect performance?

• Dean400

Posted October 23, 2002 - 01:00 PM

I have a White Bros. E-series. It has packing around a metal mesh inside the pipe. White Bros. has a "quiet core" insert that replaces the stock unit, and never needs packing. I have only seen it in catalogs. Maybe this is what you have.

• Shawbridge Husky

Posted October 24, 2002 - 06:48 AM

I did mine recently. Use stainless steel wool, fine grade. It can be bought from Car-McMaster. Do a search, they are an industrial supply company. Sorry, I dont't have their web site an hand. BTW good improvement in noise reduction.

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted October 24, 2002 - 10:57 AM

I used to have to repack my FMF Megamax II every few weeks- what a pain! I put stainless steel wool in it about 6-8 months ago and the packing is still as good as new. I highly recommend it.

• enriquefromhonduras

Posted October 24, 2002 - 12:04 PM

thanks a lot friends ill repackit today and assemble it with the fmf packing and see how it works.

thanks everyone

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.