XRL Forks

5 replies to this topic
  • vega25

Posted February 06, 2008 - 12:04 PM

Does anyone have the triple clamps, stem, and forks for a 93 or newer XRL?

Need a set for my Transalp.

Thanks, JIM

• Nummie

Posted February 06, 2008 - 12:49 PM

I don't have what you need, but you could also consider a front end off of an XR600R. It is the exact same steering stem length, diameter, & bearings, so will bolt right on. The XR600R forks are the same 43mm diameter as the XR650L, so you can use either fork tubes with either tripple clamps. The XR600R forks feel nicer to me. I am using a set of XR650L tripple clamps with a set of XR600R fork legs on my XL600R. The reason I am using the XR650L triple clamps instead of the XR600R tripple clamps is that the XR650L upper tripple clamp has the tabs to bolt the gauges to, where the XR600R upper tripple clamp does not.
Hope this helps.

• Rockjockey

Posted February 06, 2008 - 12:57 PM

I've got a set off of a 2002 model. Shoot me a P.M.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vega25

Posted February 06, 2008 - 02:32 PM

The reason I am using the XR650L triple clamps instead of the XR600R tripple clamps is that the XR650L upper tripple clamp has the tabs to bolt the gauges to, where the XR600R upper tripple clamp does not.
Hope this helps.

You are correct Sir. I have heard the same you have about the XR600 forks. The XRR has a 41 spring and XRL 46?ish. So, true for XRL package... upper clamp for gauges and ignition and the heavier spring. If I can get it all at one time less hunting for me.

Thanks for your help

• cleonard

Posted February 06, 2008 - 03:19 PM

The XRR has a 41 spring and XRL 46?ish.

That is correct. I have a set of 650L fork springs in my 600R and it made a big difference in the suspension for my weight. Some (91,92?) XR600's had .39 springs.

• vega25

Posted February 06, 2008 - 04:54 PM

Thanks for all the replies and help:applause: It appears I am getting a great set up from a TT member. I also hope I will be an owner of a XRL again. That bike got me back into riding and wish I had never sold it.

Thanks, JIM

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.