Handlebar recommendations for WR400 Michigan woods riding?

2 replies to this topic
  • rustybuick

Posted February 06, 2008 - 09:15 AM

Hey group,
I just purchased a Scotts steering damper for my WR400 and also get a Scotts triple clamp for oversized bars (to get rid of the crossbar to make room for my damper and GPS). I am wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a good oversized bar to get for riding on wooded singletrack trails in Michigan (I am 6'1" 160lbs). I think I want a narrow bar but believe that most bars can be trimmed down to the desired width, correct? So I am more interested in getting a good rise/sweep for the trails. I have been told that the Pro Taper EVO Woods Hi might be a good bar, anyone have experience with it? Any other recommendations?
Thanks,
-Jeff Buick
-Detroit, MI

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kskyles

Posted February 06, 2008 - 09:21 AM

the protaper evo woods hi is nice. i've got it on my '05 right now, and i'm pretty happy with it. the sweep isn't that noticeable, and the width is just right for me.

• BAHeron

Posted February 06, 2008 - 03:56 PM

I have a set of pro taper woods high bars on both of my WR's. I only ride Michigan woods trails and love the bars. I got blue ones on my 06' which look cool also. I would recommend them. Where do you ride Rusty Buick from the D?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.