FI help please.

22 replies to this topic
  • zimak

Posted February 07, 2008 - 10:36 AM

Define "valve job" please.

I'm replacing the springs but the valves are still good and only 1 riding season on them and with zero leak down in the valves I didnt see a point for a full replacement.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Motosprtman

Posted February 07, 2008 - 10:45 AM

I think Creeky is inferring that as long as it is apart might as well do em - especially if you changing valve springs, may as well do new valves and seals while you are there and or at least lap them and the seat. Makes everything 100%. Prior to reassembly.

• zimak

Posted February 07, 2008 - 12:44 PM

I do have one quick question.

When I put it all back together, I got the cam sprocket figured out but how do you aling the sprocket with the cam properly to make it truly TDC?

Edit: Nevermind...just went and looked, kind of cant get it wrong I see.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.