Fork oil - type and level (225lb. woods rider)

1 reply to this topic
  • Joel_Gibson

Posted April 15, 2002 - 10:04 AM

Anyone out there who weighs in at about 225, without gear, who rides mostly woods? I need some suggestions for fork oil weight and level. Sorry for posting one of the most repeated topics but the archives posts were not specific to my weight. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BFLee

Posted April 15, 2002 - 11:42 AM

I weigh 235 w/o gear. I am using the Silkolene 5 wt. oil set at 105mm for trail riding. I raise it to 95mm for the MX track. I also have Race Tech .48 springs. With this setup I get much less bottoming than stock. My trail riding is in Northern California and tends to be pretty wide open, so I like a pretty firm setup.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.