Sorry another question on Tires

18 replies to this topic
  • Danco

Posted October 22, 2002 - 04:53 AM

I've decided to get a set of excels and talons for my BRP. I'm going to put a Terraflex on the back on a 2.5 rim for dirt outings. I'm also going to put a set of more streetable tires on my stock wheels for long D/S rides. My question is the what is the best front tire for sand/loam/mud? I was thinking about the Pireli MT44 that Cambell uses. Also what would be a good set of more streetable tires? I am looking at either the Pirelli MT90 Scorpions or the Michelin X-11 Trial tires. Any suggestions/ideas? Thanks

• Thumpdup

Posted October 22, 2002 - 04:42 PM

Where can you find Terraflex tires at? I tried a year or so ago and was told that no more were available. I sure would be interested, this would be awesome on the 650R. Thanks for help.

• qadsan

Posted October 22, 2002 - 05:25 PM

Where can you find Terraflex tires at?

Here ya go!

http://www.intercoti...y_tera-flex.htm

• Danco

Posted October 23, 2002 - 03:23 AM

Yep, that's the site. I have not ordered one yet but plan on it for sure. I've got a Kenda Trakmaster on it now that I've trashed in less than 500 miles. I used to run nothing but Tereflex on my CR500's. There is NO BETTER tire for dirt than the Tereflex. Straight line acceleration, cornering are superb in mud, sand, rocks, roots and hardpack. Pretty good on pavement too although not DOT in the 140/80 series. They last a LONG time and can be trimmed often to get your edges back.

• Thumpdup

Posted October 23, 2002 - 05:59 AM

Thank you for the info. I have one Terra-flex left with about 1/2 tread. I use it on the dualsport ride in Daytona every year. I am stoked to have a source for these. A must for Big-bore thumpers in slop or sand.

• BrandonW

Posted October 25, 2002 - 06:02 AM

I just got a Tera-Flex delivered, and it is impressive!

Take a gander at this:

Posted Image

And it IS DOT APPROVED in the 140/80-18 size.

Hope this helps,
Brandon

• seebee

Posted October 28, 2002 - 11:09 AM

What is the price on the tire? and what do you run with it in the front?

• BrandonW

Posted October 28, 2002 - 01:32 PM

The price was nice.

I paid $80.00, and that included UPS shipping from LA to WA.

For the front, I run a DOT approved Dunlop 606. I have yet to mount the Tera-Flex, but when I do I will give a full breakdown of the tires performance.

Brandon

• Danco

Posted October 29, 2002 - 05:11 AM

Just ordered mine yesterday. $60 for the tire and $12 to ship to Michigan. I've ran these for years on CR500's. There is NO better big bore tire available. I put 900 ice screws in my tereflex on winter for ice racing. Took them all out in the spring and ran it hard with no chunking and very little wear. They are superb tires, especially for the money. The only bad thing is it's virtually impossible for anyone to ride behind you. It throws metric tons of dirt and rocks a good distance! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BrandonW

Posted October 29, 2002 - 09:40 AM

The only bad thing is it's virtually impossible for anyone to ride behind you. It throws metric tons of dirt and rocks a good distance!

I thought about this, and I concluded that it is not my problem.

:)

Brandon

• BrandonW

Posted November 01, 2002 - 10:30 AM

I now have the Tera-Flex mounted on my WZ400, and will be doing a long-term evaluation of the tire on the WR400 side of the house.

Swing by and check it out if you are interested.

Brandon

• Drew_Seattle_DRZ400s

Posted November 01, 2002 - 10:54 AM

I'll be interested to see how that works for you next weekend.

• XR650_DIrtman

Posted October 15, 2003 - 02:30 PM

So how did the flex work out on the XR ?

TX

• jstevens

Posted October 15, 2003 - 03:45 PM

Does anyone know 100% for sure that this thing will fit on my XR650L?? I'm thinking it won't, but I wish it did!

:)

• AzMtnThumper

Posted October 15, 2003 - 08:18 PM

Does anyone know 100% for sure that this thing will fit on my XR650L?? I'm thinking it won't, but I wish it did!

:D

When I had a 140 (Metzler) on my XR600 it barely rubbed my stock muffler (paint still missing there). My 140 tire didn't look near as wide as that monster Terraflex.
:D I'm guessing it wont fit either :)

• redmanrandyed

Posted October 16, 2003 - 06:41 AM

Awesome looking tires! :) What size would be best for a 2000 XR650R?
Need to get one but am unsure on size. If anyone could stear me to the best size I would greatly appreciate it. :D I just ride dirt, no street riding.

Thanks

Redmanrandyed

• xr650Lroostnya

Posted October 16, 2003 - 02:09 PM

Would this tire hold up like a pair of ircs would to the rocks of northern PA???? :)

• Rokatt88

Posted October 16, 2003 - 03:25 PM

Danco Buh-dy! How ya been? Hey, I thought you were gonna go all Motard with the Screaming Pig? What happen? Inquiring minds want to know? :)

• BWB63

Posted October 20, 2003 - 05:55 PM

I use a small floor jack and put up in the sub frame and then.....well, it fit a lot better.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.