New 2006 YZ450F

4 replies to this topic
  • Dingus

Posted February 05, 2008 - 09:25 AM

I've already ridden red, but my local dealer has a new 2006 YZ450F that I can get a deal on.

I haven't followed Yamaha in the past - Are there any known issues with this model that I should know of?

Thanks!!!

• Ga426owner

Posted February 05, 2008 - 10:44 AM

I've already ridden red, but my local dealer has a new 2006 YZ450F that I can get a deal on.

I haven't followed Yamaha in the past - Are there any known issues with this model that I should know of?

Thanks!!!

my 2cents: :busted:

no real mechanical issues - some change the Cam Chain after 30-50hrs due to stretching. There have been a few failures
Stock Bar bend is too low, chain is junk - typical Yamaha
Some complain of turning 06/07 - and front wheel washing out and not sticking in ruts - Tires and clamps can fix 90% of this
Best motor from the 06-08 series powerwise.
Stock suspension is really good unless you are over 200lbs then it will need springs and/or revalve
very very reliable valvetrain - typical Yamaha

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted February 05, 2008 - 12:35 PM

Yup, get a new chain before you even ride it once. This will make the sprockets last a long time. Other than that, just change things for personal preference to make it fit you better (bar bend, tall seat, pegs, etc)

• 642MX

Posted February 05, 2008 - 06:16 PM

Thanks!!!

Where do live in Indiana?

• GENE426

Posted February 05, 2008 - 06:18 PM

How much you getting it for?
am looking for a new bike too
Just curious of good deal

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.