Frame Drain Bolt Head Snaped Off

2 replies to this topic
  • finglan

Posted April 15, 2002 - 05:23 AM

Changed the oil, put about 4fp on the frame oil drain bolt and the head snaped off. Was able to just spin the rest of the bolt out. This was odd, has this happened to anyone else?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • LarryCO

Posted April 15, 2002 - 05:58 AM

Yup. Just replaced the bolt with another similar one. Very soft metal...dont know how much torque I put on it, but it wasnt much to cause it to break.

• YAMAKAZE

Posted April 16, 2002 - 09:00 PM

Does either one of you remember the thread diameter and length you replaced it with. I was going to drill a hole in my bolt head during the next oil change so I could saftey it to the frame.

Bonzai :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.