Moose stator for YZ450F

9 replies to this topic
  • EGPeil

Posted February 04, 2008 - 09:18 PM

I have acquired a Moose stator that Baja Designs sells. I am planning on running the 08 Baja 500 and wanted it to power a stock WR450F headlight in the event I am unable to finish before the sun sets. I know this is not a very powerful stator but aside from the $500+ ELine stator there doesn't seek to be anything else for the YZ450Fs. I have been told though that the Moose stator is not reliable under Baja conditions. Does anyone have any insight or even other suggestions.

Eric

• PirateSSZ

Posted February 09, 2008 - 06:10 PM

i bought the Moose loighting stator for my 04 YZ450F. It is not the most powerful thing but it will get you out of trouble. It is not that bright on idle but once you are going it seems to be pretty good. I am running a 07 WR headlight and a LCD real taillight/breaklight.

• EGPeil

Posted April 04, 2008 - 09:34 AM

Anyone have Baja experience with the Moose Stator?

• Raider9170

Posted April 04, 2008 - 09:40 AM

Do some searches for Electrosport stators. They are actually the ones that produce the Moose stuff. The only thing with electrosport stuff is that it is very hit or miss. I sell and install probably 10-12 of them a summer and have had very few problems. And most of the time if I have a problem it's not that it goes bad, it's that it comes from teh factory bad, but they are good for replacement.

I personally run one on my yzf426 supermoto and I love it. It works great!

• Qwik Gixxer

Posted April 04, 2008 - 12:01 PM

I sell and install probably 10-12 of them a summer and have had very few problems. And most of the time if I have a problem it's not that it goes bad, it's that it comes from teh factory bad, but they are good for replacement.

I personally run one on my yzf426 supermoto and I love it. It works great!

man thats Good to hear because I just installed one in my YZ400 Supemoto.
I have a cyclope headlight and its pretty dim at idle but works good at speed.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • EGPeil

Posted April 09, 2008 - 09:26 AM

I figured the Electrosport stator was the same as the Moose - just didn't know for sure. I think this thread now though is mute because I just got an ELine 200w stator that is proven in Baja so now I am going to sell the Moose stator.

• EGPeil

Posted April 16, 2008 - 08:31 AM

Thanks for everyone's input but I got an ELine 200w stator so I am not concerned anymore about the Moose stator's reliability.

• Wiz636

Posted April 16, 2008 - 10:00 AM

I just got an ELine 200w stator that is proven in Baja so now I am going to sell the Moose stator.

I reread this thread and hopefully I didn't miss it, but what year YZ450 are you lighting up?

• x2468

Posted April 16, 2008 - 11:09 AM

do you need to get a bigger lighting flywheel to go with the more powerful stator? how come trail tech doesn't make a stator for the yz-f?

• EGPeil

Posted April 18, 2008 - 11:35 AM

I have an 03 YZ450F - the ELine stator is a complete case/cover and the stator electronics are external (to the flywheel). Can't answer for Trailtech but besides the Moose (which is made by Electro something or another) the ELine is the only one I found and it is Baja proven. New they are $500+ - I got a create deal from a guy on Thumpertalk.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.