For the True Endurance Rider!!

21 replies to this topic
  • ToXicD

Posted February 04, 2008 - 06:13 PM

or i guess just anyone who enjoys very long rides without having to worry about running out of fuel!!! I am not sure if anyone has seen this before, but i have seen many photos on this forum of your guys' bikes and have yet to see this on one of them so i figured i would let everyone check it out if they havnt already.

http://item.express....cmdZExpressItem

• martinfan30

Posted February 04, 2008 - 07:03 PM

10 gal? Thats pretty nice, but at almost 1,000 bucks....:busted:

• Thumpmeister

Posted February 04, 2008 - 08:11 PM

I always thought those underseat tanks made the bike look ugly as sin...

• knuklehead

Posted February 04, 2008 - 08:16 PM

I think I'd rather get the little trailer and tow me sum 5gal jug's.

• kxjason250

Posted February 04, 2008 - 08:28 PM

thats hideous, and expensive. I guess if you were really into LONG rides it would be great.

• jetfuel

Posted February 04, 2008 - 09:06 PM

I guess it would be cool if you lived in a faraway place with limited fueling options .. But I would hate to pick that bike back up with 60+ Lbs. of fuel placed up high like that:eek:

• ToXicD

Posted February 05, 2008 - 04:30 AM

i agree, not very practical but i read about people going all over the world to do these really crazy rides and i figured it would be great for someone who goes to like africa or any other third world country that doesnt have an exxon and starbucks on every street corner :busted:

• Blacksamwell

Posted February 05, 2008 - 06:42 AM

I've no personal experience with this, but I've read that the underseat tank is (was?) prone to cracking. The horror story told is about riders looking down between their legs to discover their pig has become a two-wheeled fireball.

But like you said, a few folks appear to put them to good use traversing some of the most forbidden parts of the globe. I'd like to see feedback from some folks who have put those tanks through some rough use.

• Motosprtman

Posted February 05, 2008 - 06:58 AM

can no do long rides, butt gets sore, tummy get hungry, gotta pee, maybe a bit chilly, damn i'm gettin old...

• Denn10

Posted February 05, 2008 - 07:00 AM

I think I'd rather get the little trailer and tow me sum 5gal jug's.

Martin showed a link to a MC trailer, it had a shock and all looked wacko

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • knuklehead

Posted February 05, 2008 - 08:11 AM

can no do long rides, butt gets sore, tummy get hungry, gotta pee, maybe a bit chilly, damn i'm gettin old...

Yea Denn10,I could look wacko , Motosprtman LOL I get the same way,jus stand up more,carry grub,ain't got fix for the pee thing,and run heated grip's and vest,I'm getting OLD too

• Sundog

Posted February 05, 2008 - 08:23 AM

The website is www.trailtail.com.....I know because I have been dreaming of doing portions of the TAT and this trailer looks pretty cool.

For more $$ you can even get a fiberglass box/cover to maximize the amount of storage.

Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• main_1.jpeg

• ThunderChicken

Posted February 05, 2008 - 09:12 AM

The website is www.trailtail.com.....I know because I have been dreaming of doing portions of the TAT and this trailer looks pretty cool.

For more $$ you can even get a fiberglass box/cover to maximize the amount of storage.

Posted Image

Any idea what that thing costs? I clicked around on their site and it doesn't look like they have pricing.

That's a perfect alternative to this form of carrying stakes:

Posted Image

• Sundog

Posted February 05, 2008 - 09:26 AM

Any idea what that thing costs? I clicked around on their site and it doesn't look like they have pricing.

That's a perfect alternative to this form of carrying stakes:

Posted Image

It is pricey...but from what I have heard works well and these guys are riders...not some big company.

IIRC the base unit is $600 or $650. Not sure if that is U.S. Dollars or Canadian Dollars. The fiberglass box is extra.

• ThunderChicken

Posted February 05, 2008 - 09:27 AM

It is pricey...but from what I have heard works well and these guys are riders...not some big company.

IIRC the base unit is $600 or $650. Not sure if that is U.S. Dollars or Canadian Dollars. The fiberglass box is extra.

They could sell a ton of these trailers to D37.

• Sundog

Posted February 05, 2008 - 09:30 AM

They could sell a ton of these trailers to D37.

I was personally thinking of putting the TeraFlex sitting in my garage on that trailer. :busted:

Hmmm...group buy?

• LuckyLook

Posted February 27, 2008 - 09:51 AM

Seen those trailer and they look quite awesome! But IMO i bought the R because i want to be able to go&do anywhere and those trailers would put some of a damper on that? although it is debateable...

What about a single tanke that can take 7-9gal or +-33L? Anyone know of something like that?

• Bajajoe

Posted February 27, 2008 - 10:16 AM

Who can afford to fill it up with gas at almost $4 per gal?

• LuckyLook

Posted February 28, 2008 - 12:02 AM

If you have to ride you have to ride - Chefron has got us all by the B#@$s...
Filling up at every street corner is what im trying to avoid
Anyone heard of Safari tanks? Think its a AUS company?

• Descalzo

Posted February 28, 2008 - 02:40 AM

I've no personal experience with this, but I've read that the underseat tank is (was?) prone to cracking. The horror story told is about riders looking down between their legs to discover their pig has become a two-wheeled fireball.

I've read that rumor too.

Too the best I've been able to find out, that "story" supposedly happened to one guy in Africa, & it's been re-told over-n-over by someone in the U.K.. If it's really a prolific problem, I'd be interested in hearing about it 1st hand from more than 1 person.

It's interesting that Acerbis has been making that tank for roughly 8 years & all of a sudden splitting is an issue. ...Of course, maybe it it an issue now 'cause the tanks have been used for ~8 years & the plastics "dryed out"? :smirk:

Whatever the case, it'd be nice to hear about a supposed "problem" from more than 1 source - which is always the same story over & over again.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.