Modifying foot pegs and seat for tall rider

5 replies to this topic
  • 1sickdude

Posted February 04, 2008 - 05:56 PM

I'm a tall rider and I'd like to fit on my 05 WR450 a little better. My legs are long so it feels like my legs are cramped and I can't make it to the rear foot brake very well.

I've already raised my bars up to where I like them, but I feel like I need to raise the seat and lower the foot pegs.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Chris

• Bleeds_Blue

Posted February 04, 2008 - 07:26 PM

I'm a tall rider and I'd like to fit on my 05 WR450 a little better. My legs are long so it feels like my legs are cramped and I can't make it to the rear foot brake very well.

I've already raised my bars up to where I like them, but I feel like I need to raise the seat and lower the foot pegs.

Chris

I'm only 6' but still felt the same. I installed 1.5" bar risers and bought some Fastway F3 pegs. You can flip the collar on the peg and it lowers it about 1". Bike feels much better.:busted:

• jtn 06 wr450

Posted February 05, 2008 - 07:56 AM

sdg may have a tall complete seat for the 05 already. if not they said it will be out in march of this year.
i put tall bars, race tech r spring, longer cables, taller seat (waiting on sdg) but never touched the pegs. many people recommended against it due to rocky terrain i ride.
6'4 - 210lbs

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simica

Posted February 05, 2008 - 09:07 AM

I'm 6'3" and using a tall seat from Guts Racing. I have an '05 450 and have been using it for over two years. Its been great, but I'm about due for a new cover.

• mark96yz250

Posted February 05, 2008 - 09:34 AM

Chris

I'm 6'7" on a yz250, lowered pegs, tall seat, and tall bars. These mods are a must(IMO). Made my own low pegs and ride lots of rocks w/ no probs. I had the very same issue w/reaching the rear brake because I was so cramped up. It's all better now but I also stretched my subframe.

• Snap421

Posted February 05, 2008 - 01:50 PM

Agree with the others. I'm 6'3" and have an '05 450. Bar risers allowing the bars to be mounted farther forward, upright bend on new bar, Fastway pegs lowered and Gutz tall seat. It opens up the bike like you wouldn't believe.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.